Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

Rbp1968

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,

I have a 2015 Hustler Super Z 60in 36HP Kaw. With the dump bagger. This is my first hustler.
I have a Exmart 23hp Kaw 50in deck with the dump bagger. I needed something bigger and was talked in to this mower. I have had the hustler for a year and like something and don't others.
My wife says I need to sell me Exmart. But can't sell it if don't tell people for sale lol.

Evans35173

Threads
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hi. My name is Elise. We have a Hustler Raptor 52" zero turn mower, model #933077 and have 2 1/2 acres.

CWH Memphis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone! Just bought a Hustler Raptor and looking forward to using it and cutting my mowing time in half. I don't have a huge yard but certainly big enough to justify having this mower. Thanks

Catoosa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi folks,

Couple months ago I bought a Raptor SD 60 from a big box store, so far so good with just under 10 hours on it. Did the first oil change yesterday, that was a bit of an ordeal, mainly getting the extension tube routed so the oil would go into my catch pan. I bought and installed flex forks when I first got it home mainly because most reviews I read said they were needed if mowing rough ground. Discovered real quick that mowing wet grass isn't one of the Raptor's strong points. I may cut the deck as some have mentioned and get new high lift blades but that can wait till next spring. In Oklahoma it's a little tough to keep everything mowed through the summer, if you mow early when it's somewhat cool the grass is wet from dew, if you wait till it drys out it's approaching 100 degrees and mowing isn't fun at all.

I have 8 acres I keep mowed and use a combination of a Ford 3000 tractor with a 7 foot John Deere flail mower, a Cub Cadet i1046 and now the Hustler. Bought the Hustler mainly because all my friends told me it would cut my mowing time and so far they weren't lying. Was hoping I could cut allot of what I now cut with the tractor but it's too rough even with the flex forks. The Hustler really beats me up on ground that has been mowed too many times with a heavy tractor when the ground was too wet.

All-in-all I feel the Raptor is a good value, I can live with it's limitations verses spending another 2 to 4 grand to move up to a commercial mower.
Bob

Don in LA

Forum Newbie
Threads
Problems with Hustler Fastrack breaking belts

Thanks for the welcome. I am a 65 year old retired firefighter living in south Louisiana.

My 1st and only ZTR is a Hustler Fastrak, 42". I like the way it handles and mows but I am VERY disappointed in the way that it goes thru deck belts! I have had 4 broken this summer, cutting under an acre of grass. I have replaced all of the pulleys. The dealer told me that Hustler's advice was to remove the plastic pad under the belt tension slider and grease it once a year. It is not an easy job removing the slider. Anyway, I have done that and I am still breaking belts. I am literally spending more time replacing belts than mowing. Yesterday, after cutting for 5 minutes, the belt came off. I replaced the belt and after another 5 minutes the belt broke. I installed a new belt and it came off. I have carefully reviewed the belt installation and I am confident that the belts are installed correctly.

Any suggestions for fixing this problem? I have left messages with Hustler and I have had no reply.

Thanks,

Don

HSDPilot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am the proud owner of a Hustler Raptor SD 60 and I first want to thank all the members of LawnmowerForums for their postings of information and advice on this brand. I searched tons of ZTR information and it always seemed to take me to this Forum for reviews and specific information and specs. Your postings DO get used and appreciated. I am a first time ZTR owner and am amazed at how much fun they are to use. My wife was so intimidated by it , but I insisted she drive it and now she is a huge fan. I look forward to reading the posts and I hope I won't need advice for any problems with the HSD. My purchase was from a local Lowes. I really wanted to buy from a dedicated dealer but I was able to get a nice discount and free shipping to my home.

Attachments

• IMG_20161019_134747514_HDR[1].jpg
    IMG_20161019_134747514_HDR[1].jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 12

Blacknsilvr

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hi! Finally got tired of cutting grass with a junk rider, and bought an SD in 48 in cut. Only problem so far was the left hydro died at 6 hrs. Dealer didn't hesitate once to replace it under warranty. I skeptically opted for mulching due to the steep price on the bagger. I'm glad I did because it mulches so well.

Anyways, I hope to add in on the discussions around here

moscott

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bad motor

Hi guys. My father in law has a bad motor on his Hustler FasTrak. I think it's a Honda motor. My question is, what is a good replacement motor to use that doesn't cost a fortune? All the other components of the mower work fine, but the motor went bad. He looked into a direct replacement, but they cost a fortune.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: Bad motor

Hi guys. My father in law has a bad motor on his Hustler FasTrak. I think it's a Honda motor. My question is, what is a good replacement motor to use that doesn't cost a fortune? All the other components of the mower work fine, but the motor went bad. He looked into a direct replacement, but they cost a fortune.

:welcome:

Honda will be the best engine by a very long way so if it is playing up well worth repairing.
However this is the Howdy Doody thread.
If you want to get technical help, start a new thread in the Hustler section .
Title it Hustler ( model number ) engine problems.
In the text provide your mower serial & model numbers and the same for the engine.
Then describe what is happening as if we were deaf, dumb & blind, because we are .
You are our ears, eyes & noses so unless you are having a common problem we need to know everything otherwise we will run you ragged by each person sending down the route of their "pet problem"

Keithdahustler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings from Gallatin Tn:

ATTACH=CONFIG]30831[/ATTACH] n

Attachments

• 20170111_092820.jpg
    20170111_092820.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 11