Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

mhavanti

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
RickB,

Make sure your dealer isn't operating your mower on unlevel ground or on gravel when adjusting your sticks. The surface needs to be level and smooth in order to get your steering as straight as possible and hopefully they don't get your sticks out of alignment during the adjustment process.

Max

CMITCHELL6975

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,

I live in central FL and I'm new to the zero turn world, but just had to have one after borrowing my neighbors Great Dane. I recently purchased a Hustler Super Z, 60" XR7 with a 26hp Kawasaki stroke V-twin engine. It had some issues such as losing power when put under a load. After a couple of weeks of troubleshooting, I was able to find the problem (push rod came off of the tappet) corrected that and we are happy for the time being. Hope I am able to help someone out or maybe see some insights to possible future problems.

mhavanti

Threads
Mitchell,

One of the mechanics at a shop in Arkansas that the Kawasaki engines are having problems with valve adjustments if the Kawasaki is under harsh loads for even short periods of time. Mine only has 31 hours on it and needed the valves adjusted and has never had any heavy loads placed on it.

They got so loud you could hear them while operating after the engine oil warmed up. Now, quiet as they should be.

Max

Tudorp

Threads
Brand new to zero turns. Just bought a 2017 Raptor 52". So far, love it. Just seems better build than others Ive looked at. Hope to learn here, and maybe eventually be an asset here also.

Mow&Go

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased my first zero turn, a new Hustler Raptor Limited 52" two days ago... Got it for $3207+ tax. I guess it's the latest model since it was the only one on the lot with a new style seat and flex forks. Dealer offered it for same price as a limited without flex forks....Hope to learn valuable info here.

Attachments

• IMG_1211.jpg
    IMG_1211.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 14

mhavanti

Threads
Great to have you Tudorp and Mow&Go. Sure you'll be great additions to the forums. If you have any questions after you've gone thru the forums about anything you haven't found. Throw the questions at the forum.

Enjoy your new Hustlers!

Max

peapicker

Threads
I bought a new 48” Raptor SD last year. I’ve only got 12 hrs on the clock and the machine has had a couple small problems since new. The dealer either doesn’t know how to remedy or doesn’t care whether my complaints are addressed. I’ll fix them (and pay for them) myself. Despite my ambivalence toward the dealer, I like the mower. It’s great for maneuvering through the obstacles on our property, and as a bonus, my wife likes it.

KirtFalcon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello ... I have a Hustler Raptor SD 60" ... great mower but I'm having an intermittent electrical starting problem. Sometimes it fires right up, other times it's dead as a doornail and takes forever to start ... I think there is some kind of a switch or short problem ... looking for help .... Thanks ...

mhavanti

Threads
peapicker,

What is your mower doing that needs repaired?

Max

mhavanti

Threads
KirtFalcon,

Raise the seat deck, carefully make sure you prop the seat so that it doesn't come in contact with the floor or deck raising pedal. The pedal can puncture your seat.

Now, look at the two steering linkages to see if the parking safety switches are fully depressed on both sides. If either one is not fully depressed, it may very well be the problem. They are easily adjusted to the point of full depression. Check that first before moving forward.

There is also a seat safety switch to check. You may also check the strain relief on the bottom of your ignition switch.

Get back to us.

Max