Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

peapicker

Threads
peapicker,

What is your mower doing that needs repaired?

Max

The common stuff. It has the “Raptor Rattle”, faulty steering damper and occasional hard starting. The dealer ran the S/N to see if my engine was subject to the Smart Choke recall. It was not, so I ordered an OEM Mikuni fuel pump, suspecting that may be the prob, since the starting problem only occurs after sitting for an extended period. So far, so good. On my initial “complimentary” service last month, I told the dealer about the problems. They returned the mower in the same condition, except for the oil & filter change. I’m just shaking my head. I’ll order the damper and fix it myself. I’ve read various remedies for the rattle, but it’s not high on my list at this point. Thanks for your help. It’s pretty bad when people you don’t know or have never met care more about your machine than the selling dealer. Thanks again.
Dennis

mhavanti

Threads
Peapicker,

First things first. Go to this site on Facebook, write a review for your service at the dealer and be specific as to what they did and didn't do. Hustler reads these reviews and there has been two brand new mowers provided to folks that I didn't think deserved them but, they got them. Just be honest about the problems and then pose a question to Hustler about whether they want the reputation being built by their community of less than knowledgeable sales and repair facilities?

Max

https://www.facebook.com/HustlerZeroTurn/

P.S. Any photos of the damper failing you can add there as well as here may just help get you some satisfaction as well.
P.S.S. I'm not so sure I wouldn't demand they replace the Kolunker with a Kamikasakie that you can actually start. Two dealers told me they offer an upgrade at their dealership and that is called a choke cable and return spring that solves the start problem and that is about all they get returns on for the Raptors.

peapicker

Threads
Peapicker,

First things first. Go to this site on Facebook, write a review for your service at the dealer and be specific as to what they did and didn't do. Hustler reads these reviews and there has been two brand new mowers provided to folks that I didn't think deserved them but, they got them. Just be honest about the problems and then pose a question to Hustler about whether they want the reputation being built by their community of less than knowledgeable sales and repair facilities?

Max

https://www.facebook.com/HustlerZeroTurn/

P.S. Any photos of the damper failing you can add there as well as here may just help get you some satisfaction as well.
P.S.S. I'm not so sure I wouldn't demand they replace the Kolunker with a Kamikasakie that you can actually start. Two dealers told me they offer an upgrade at their dealership and that is called a choke cable and return spring that solves the start problem and that is about all they get returns on for the Raptors.

I have one dealer, in a hick town, near where I live. I am reluctant to criticize as I may need their service. They intervened with Hustler on my behalf to replace my first mower last May because it was delivered with paint flaws. So they are not totally inept. These are minor fixes and if you're like I am, sometimes it's preferable to do things yourself and move on. At least you know it's done right. The nanosecond my mower is out of warranty, I want to do the choke conversion. I ditched Fakebook some time ago. Thanks for your help

mhavanti

Threads
Peapicker,

Try contacting Kohler directly about their misfortunate choke design to see if they will offer a cure for the death choke on their engine. Who knows, they may offer something to actually cure your start up, wetting cylinder problem.

Engines don't last as long when washing the oil protection from their cylinders.

Again, good luck.

Max

oldfiredog

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Thanks for the invite.
2018 Hustler Raptor SD54 with Kawaski

Redcon1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello fellow Hustler owners, glad to find this site. I just ordered a Raptor 42 (from Lowe's) which will be my first zero-turn. I have about 1.33 acres to mow in beautiful south-central PA. I did a lot of research before ordering the Raptor, and it came down to the Hustler or the Ariens Ikon 42. I love my Ariens snowblower so that was my first look at a residential zero-turn to replace my tired Cub CadetLT1046 tractor. The 21.5HP Kawi engine, instead of the 18HP Kohler of the Ariens swayed me over to the Hustler, as well as the overall brand rep.

Looking forward to learning about my machine. I do have one short but fairly steep slope coming off my driveway that I am concerned about moving with a ZT. My Cub LT handled it OK-- I could mow cross slope if dry and just mowed vertically up/back if it was slightly damp. Will have to see how it goes with my Raptor. I do my own maintenance so hopefully will not need warranty service, because I know all about buying from the big-box guys after my Cub Cadet experience.

Also, I traded 4" of blade from the Cub for the convenience of the ZT Raptor. So many three-point turns in my mowing that I figured it was worth it. Time will tell, I guess!
Thanks for letting me be a part of the site. DAVE

mhavanti

Threads
Redcon,

Welcome to Hustler ownership. I'm betting you'll enjoy that rascal. Blow it off after every mowing, clean the air filter, keep the tires even side to side and you'll be enjoying that rascal for a long while.

Good luck,

Max

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello fellow Hustler owners, glad to find this site. I just ordered a Raptor 42 (from Lowe's) which will be my first zero-turn. I have about 1.33 acres to mow in beautiful south-central PA. I did a lot of research before ordering the Raptor, and it came down to the Hustler or the Ariens Ikon 42. I love my Ariens snowblower so that was my first look at a residential zero-turn to replace my tired Cub CadetLT1046 tractor. The 21.5HP Kawi engine, instead of the 18HP Kohler of the Ariens swayed me over to the Hustler, as well as the overall brand rep.

Looking forward to learning about my machine. I do have one short but fairly steep slope coming off my driveway that I am concerned about moving with a ZT. My Cub LT handled it OK-- I could mow cross slope if dry and just mowed vertically up/back if it was slightly damp. Will have to see how it goes with my Raptor. I do my own maintenance so hopefully will not need warranty service, because I know all about buying from the big-box guys after my Cub Cadet experience.

Also, I traded 4" of blade from the Cub for the convenience of the ZT Raptor. So many three-point turns in my mowing that I figured it was worth it. Time will tell, I guess!
Thanks for letting me be a part of the site. DAVE
Congratulations. I hope it treats you well.

Many Zero-Turn operators do 3 point turns anyway because it's a bit tricky to do zero turns without tearing the turf, especially with the larger machines. Even so you should save a lot of time mowing.

Fizzerpilot

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hey y’all...

I am getting my first Hustler delivered this week. I bought an X-One 72” with the Kohler EFI. Flex forks, self sealing tires and non stick deck coating. I will probably run it until I die...

mhavanti

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
Fizzerpilot,

You're gonna be in mowing heaven. Run it like you stole it, fix it when you break it and life will be sweet!

Congratulations on the fine purchase.

Max