Attachments Looking for suggestions to add non OEM LED lights to a mz52le husqvarna

Tuslerb

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking for suggestions to add non OEM LED lights to a mz52le husqvarna
Looking for suggestions to add non OEM LED lights to a mz52le husqvarna

I have been considering adding some LED lights to the mz52le Husqvarna, so I can finish cutting grass in the evenings. I am looking for some options that will be easy to add to the mower - granted almost anything is possible.

Looking for:
Good LED lighting
Reasonable cost
Not too large
Suggestion for the pigtail connector to fit OEM connector on the mower (where can I pick it up, any specs)
Appropriate amp size for the mower?

Considering putting the light(s) on the ROPS, or the front apron - open to other suggestions. Unit not currently fitted for lights by manufacturer

Any good suggestions,

Thanks

Brian

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the mower have an electric clutch, and need to find out what the output on the charging system is. Could be a 10 or 16 amp system. but without electric clutch could just as easy be a 3 amp system for charging the battery and nothing else. With a 10 amp charging system and electric clutch any added lights can't exceed about 60 watts. or less. And could be enough to prevent recharging the battery in my example.

Tuslerb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does the mower have an electric clutch, and need to find out what the output on the charging system is. Could be a 10 or 16 amp system. but without electric clutch could just as easy be a 3 amp system for charging the battery and nothing else. With a 10 amp charging system and electric clutch any added lights can't exceed about 60 watts. or less. And could be enough to prevent recharging the battery in my example.

The MZ52le has the electric clutch with a 20amp primary under the seat. Most LED lights should work fine with the 15Amp inline fuse. Thanks for the note

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just because it has a 20 amp primary fuse doesn't mean the charging system puts out 20 amp. The charging system with a Briggs engine is most likely either a 10 or 16 amp system. The only way to tell is have something specific in the manual, or by knowing the magnet size on the flywheel. Allowing 5 amp for the electric clutch could be you only have at most 60 watts for lighting. Now if it is the 16 amp system then you have more to play with.

mowerman05

Threads
I installed some led lights I bought on ebay

Attachments

• 98A292AB-E389-488A-8191-9F7CA5D7D4D6.jpg
    98A292AB-E389-488A-8191-9F7CA5D7D4D6.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 17

Marc417

Threads
BTW how do you like the MZ52. Im considering buying one