Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!

Diemaker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checking in with the Stihl forum. Have 3 stihl chainsaws, 1 string trimmer ,and a back pack blower. Looking for some ideas on why 1 of my saws (Stihl 0009L) wont run/accelerate like it should, and don't know where else to find some good advice.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
wrote a reply on the new thread you ( rightly ) started to deal with your problem.
Forgot to suggest you visit the Walbro web site and download the service manual.
Regardless of which brand of carb is fitted they is only 2 types the rotary valve & the butterfly valve
Go here Parts & Serviceand use the Sthil cross reference to find the Walbro equivalent
Then go here Service Manuals and download the manual.
On either page the "Tech Tips" button will bring up a lot of useful how to videos.

Mikel1

Threads
Picked up a ms180 small chainsaw Friday. Alot easier to start than the old poulan, tooless chain tightening also nice.

Mission

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hello. Nate here. I have an FS74, ms341 and a ms660.

jstpsgthru

Threads
GREETINGS to all Stihl equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Stihl power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Stihl owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Just joined. I have a (MM55) Yard Boss and an HL 100 (135*) Hedge Trimmer with pruner attachment. I also have a Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor and a Shindaiwa Grass Trimmer. I have had superior performance from all these, except the hedge trimmer. I'm not mechanically inclined, but can take care of maintenance and minor (straight forward) repairs. So, I'm looking forward to benefiting from members' knowledge. I will add input when I feel like it can help. I appreciate the opportunity to be a member.

desertrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just joined the forum, and probably like other first time lurkers, I'm here as a homeowner who is baffled by a technical matter regarding my Stihl equipment and searching for answers.

I'll do my best to return the favor as best I can and hopefully contribute in a positive way, rather than just learn and leave.

I live in SoCal, so this is about the time of year (Spring) when everything seems to kick into high gear and starts getting out of hand quickly if I don't stay on top of it. Fall and Winter everything slows down and I usually get to take it easy on the weekends!:thumbsup:

I have the normal assortment of power equipment to do the job. Mower, line trimmer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw, and blower.

DSCN2913_zpse8094e8f.jpg

hdykstra

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello fellow Stihl owners:

I'm joining after running this forum and seeing a ton of great information on Stihl equipment. I own an FS550 brushsaw that I love, but I have a specific repair question about. I'll try to find the best place to post my question, and look forward to hearing from the vast expertise that seems to be on this site!

Thanks,

Harold

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Stihl power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Stihl owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

deepwoodbigbear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great site, I look forward to reading many of the posts here.

allis

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello my name is Bob and I own several Stihl chain saws and brush cutters, but my MS271 saw has me baffled, it will not fire with the plug in the hole but take it out and it will fire, any help would appreciated, Bob

bshwacker

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hopefully this forum applies to back pack blowers too.