Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!

mikehouse

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hello Stihl forum,
Mike in Greensboro,NC.I'm a new Stihl owner/user.Looking to hear intersting things about Stihl line trimmers,particulary the FS-70 rc.How do I replace the spark arrestor? What do I do?

rogerFS90av

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Stihl Forum and Muhammad, thanks for the welcome!

I've have a number of Stihl chainsaws (029, 031, 041, 075, 076) that I use for milling and for cutting up firewood at our cabin. I recently picked up a couple of non-working Stihl trimmers (FS90av, FS55RC) and I could use some help/advice on how to get them working. The FS90av is an older trimmer from the 90's and the FS55RC is more recent. I've been able to get owner's manuals for both but I'd really like to find parts diagrams and service manuals for both before I start to take them apart. I've called Stihl and have gone to a few dealers looking for them but haven't had any luck finding them. Can someone help me out with these?

Thanks,
Roger from Seattle

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
I have all the stuff , parts/ repairs for a plain FS 55.
No idea what the RS bit vries but pm me I can send it to you direct.
Stihl will not allow any of their IP to reside on web server,

Got nothing on the 90 but have the 80-85 and the 83 and the 110.
One of them should be virtually the same .
Owners manuals for all those are available so if you can work out which looks the closest I can shoot that through to you as well.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I too, have a good size collection of STIHL parts manuals, I have the parts ONLY, manuals for your FS90-av & FS55-rc,trimmers, ALSO, the parts manuals for your, 029,031,041,075,& 076 saws. BUT... as (Bertsmobile1) mentioned,.. STIHL is a real BASSTERD about forcing the close-down of ANY sites links, displaying their manuals.. I can PM them to you but ..I need your word as a gentleman you will NEVER post these on the Internet, you CAN fwd in an E-mail or PM but you must be careful, STIHL manuals are VERY hard to get a hold of now, please excuse my OVER-emphasis on this, but somewhere down the line, someone else will need this info and should STIHL see the site's address it's GONE -- FOREVER !!
PM me if you agree, ...Boo

primerbulb120

Threads
Stihl's unnecessarily antagonistic behavior towards entities possessing their repair manuals is one reason why I don't support Stihl.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Stihl's unnecessarily antagonistic behavior towards entities possessing their repair manuals is one reason why I don't support Stihl.

I can understand, NOT wanting to release their service manuals, they obviously want the consumers to have to go to the dealers for service work, it might be a liability issue among others, BUT having access to a machines P/Ns shouldn't really be an issue, other than the fact they want you to visit the dealers for that info. maybe so once inside, the dealers can sell more of their product. or to lead you away from buying from a third party entity. They DO have some of the best equipment out there, so why be a friggen bunch of BASSTERDS about it ???? ..:smiley_aafz: ..:mad:..:thumbdown:..:mur:

rogerFS90av

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the welcomes, replies, offers and Jim for your help. I was only checking the main Stihl forum and forgot to check back at this thread.
Roger

daveinluray

Forum Newbie
Threads
Checking in. My name is dave and i own km 130 r and fs 90 r.

Danno71ch

Forum Newbie
Threads
My name is Daniel I have fixing small engine equipment for about 35 years I am having problems with a Stihl hedge trimmer HS81T I was going to adjust the valves hmm it has none I pull a few line and it spews fuel This new stuff has me baffled The problem with the hedge trimmer is it only runs at half choke and problem 2 is I ordered a carb and it has an extra port on the primer bulb manifold So do Ii use the carb swap out the manifold and am I going the right direction with this

waterboywt3wd2

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Stihl equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Stihl power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Stihl owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Hello, I am new to the forum and from Ontario Canada. My user name is waterboywt3wd2 and I have an older Stihl 028 Super Chainsaw. I am having a problem with the engine as it will start and rev up then bog out and stall repeatedly. Any thoughts on what will remedy the issue would be appreciated. Looking forward to the forum and may be I can help someone with their problems as well.