Welcome to the Bolens Forum -- Check in Here First!

1-6 mike

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI my name is 1-6-mike Retired diesel & auto mech. trying tolearn about small engs. Also learning about computers also please bare with me.

sonofbumperbolt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought an acreage and the PO left a Bolens 13AM662F163 15HP 38" deck rider in one of the out buildings. The B&S engine fired right up but the rest of the mower needs some TLC. That led me here. Lots of great info on this site.

bones 1975

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All
new to the forum and new to the world of Bolens ride on mower
i have inherited a Bolens 16HP HYDRO DRIVE 1994

Peter

leadpipe58

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello i have worked as a tech for 32 years heavy equipment and power boats everything from 2 hp to 550hp and a few diesels..
I have had a friend bring a few bolens pieces and glad your here.
Here is one to chew on A BL110 that runs great right side up but on it's side as if you were edging looses power and may stop...I thank i figured it out.There is air bubbles in the fuel line after i fix that we will see how it goes..
Happy trouble shooting..

rapid19

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Bolens Forum -- Check in Here First!
HI MY NAME IS PAUL I HAVE A 1986 BOLENS ST110 I BELIEVE THE IGNITION SWITCH IS BAD BUT IT IS OBSELETE THE PROBLEM IS ON 2 OF THE POSTS IT HAS AN S I KNOW ONE IS THE SOLINOID BUT NOT SURE OF THE OTHER ONE ONE I THINK IS LIGHTS BUT CANNOT FIND A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR IT 5 PRONG SWITCH FOUND ONE ALL LETTERS MATCH BT ONE AND IT IS AN L INSTEAD OF S AND DON'T WANT TO BURN WIRES IF WRONG

rapid19

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Bolens Forum -- Check in Here First!
I DID ALREADY::confused2::

handyboynz

Forum Newbie
Threads
HandyboyNZ here - I have a Bolens LTX16 Twin Hydro with a 38" Deck - made by GardenWay. It is called Humphrey !.
I also have a Morrisson 500 Reel mower (20" cut) - called Morry.
Update 2023 - I have also been gifted a Morrison 375 Classic (walk-behind 18" cut) with B&S 3HP - it is called Stanley !
I am in Auckland New Zealand.

Last edited:

Huey624

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Bolens mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name ). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Bolens owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Bolens mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Bolens stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

My Name is Tim from the Seattle Area.
My Dad was a Bolens dealer in 1967 and when he closed it in 68 we kept a 1250. I am currently restoring that same tractor to use and to have as a family heirloom

BWH

Threads
My Name is Tim from the Seattle Area.
My Dad was a Bolens dealer in 1967 and when he closed it in 68 we kept a 1250. I am currently restoring that same tractor to use and to have as a family heirloom

Your story is very similar to mine, My dad also owned a Oliver Tractor dealership at which they sold Bolens garden tractors in the sixties and early seventies. I own a couple of Bolens 800's a Bolens 1250 and a Bolens 1455. I have re-powered the 1455 after the third rebuild on the S14D Wisconsin but the 1250 has the original S12D although it is getting a little tired, but is incredibly original. The Eaton hydrostat transmission is as strong fifty years later as it was the day it sat on the show room floor. My 800's also with S8D Wisconsin engines were a three speed with a high/low shifter. The real deal with those vintage Bolens is they had as much cast iron as todays mowers have plastic. The Bolens 800 is the same tractor that I mowed the family farm with as a 8 year old in 1964. Thanks for allowing me to go down memory lane.

RP54

Threads
Hi I'm Bob. Not the proud owner of a Bolens quite yet but should be by week's end. I'm getting a 915 Lawn Keeper to restore. When I can find them I would like to get a 1957 Ride-A-Matic and 1961 Ride-A-Matic to restore. No idea where I'll keep them since my shed's full but I'll figure out something.