Fuel Tru-Fuel 4 Stroke? Stabil

Dogwalker10

Threads
I use Tru-Fuel 50:1 in my chainsaw, I did not even realize they made a 4 stroke fuel until someone recommended it to a friend for her snowblower. Anyone every use it? What do you think? I recommended Stabil. I use the blue Stabil in my garden tractor, ZTR, and snowblower
Thank,
Walt

deminin

Threads
I use Tru-Fuel 50:1 in my chainsaw, I did not even realize they made a 4 stroke fuel until someone recommended it to a friend for her snowblower. Anyone every use it? What do you think? I recommended Stabil. I use the blue Stabil in my garden tractor, ZTR, and snowblower Thank, Walt

These "canned" fuels are probably ok, if you don't use your "tools" very often. But, at $6 a qt., it seems a bit pricey. If you have a gas station in your area which sells Hi Octane/Ethanol Free gas, you can probably get that for 1/4 of what you are paying for the "pre-mix" varieties. In our area, we have a station which sells Ethanol free 91 octane for $2.79/gallon. I use that, with the proper Stihl oil mix, in all my Stihl tools, and even run it, every other fill, in my mowers, etc...keeps the carburetors clean.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
These "canned" fuels are probably ok, if you don't use your "tools" very often. But, at $6 a qt., it seems a bit pricey. If you have a gas station in your area which sells Hi Octane/Ethanol Free gas, you can probably get that for 1/4 of what you are paying for the "pre-mix" varieties. In our area, we have a station which sells Ethanol free 91 octane for $2.79/gallon. I use that, with the proper Stihl oil mix, in all my Stihl tools, and even run it, every other fill, in my mowers, etc...keeps the carburetors clean.

Occasionally you'll encounter some things which specify that high-octane fuels NOT be used. I think I have two--a Toro push mower and a chainsaw.

Dogwalker10

Threads

My friend doesn't use her's as much as mine depending on the snow. My 2 cycle do not get much use either.