Need mower lift for PT48

wmlaven

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a Gravely Pro Turn 48. Only a couple hours or so on it so far, but I enjoy it a lot and anticipate years of good use. I'm looking into mower lifts so that I can occasionally get underneath to clean/repair/sharpen the blades. My dealer recommended one he uses in his shop, but it's nearly $600. That makes sense fo frequent use, but not for me so I'm looking for recommendations for cheaper, but still sturdy lifts that would be good for my new ZT 48" mower.

1) How much lifting capacity should it have to just jack up the front end? Is 250# capacity enough or should I go for #350 or even higher? Recommendations? (The machine's total weight is 1,013 lbs.)

2) Are the MoJack lawn mower lifts well made? I found one with #750 lifting capacity (Too much?, see question #1) for $360. I can almost justify that, but would like to pay less if I can get a sturdy unit with the correct lifting capacity.

Thanks for the advice and recommendations on minimum lifting capacity and good makes/models.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A set of car ramps with a flat surface will work wonders.
ZTR's are balanced so around 90% of the weight is on the back wheels so a very small jack will lift the front.
Now the big problem is the overhang past the rear wheels.
On most ZTR's this restricts the maximum lift at the castor wheels to 18" to 24"

OTOH a std car jack will lift the back around 18" then a pair of jackstands under the back will allow the front to be lifted about 5'
Note when doing this, putting the rear on stands first shifts all of the weight to the front wheels.
I have some 12" truck ramps that I use to service ZTR's if the yard crane in already in use.
Just check how high the deck needs to be to get your rattle gun ( changing the blades) under the deck