Snapper RER Parts Compatibility - Mower Deck & Bagger

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
  • / Snapper RER Parts Compatibility - Mower Deck & Bagger
I'm new to this forum and several months back got a non-running Series 11 Snapper RER with a 25" deck. It's missing some things and I've got the opportunity to pick up an older Snapper model# 3311X6S. Will the bagger from that one work on mine? What about the deck? I'm assuming it's a 33" from the model#, yes? It's the older, all-metal type.

Appreciate any input...

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
Just to provide a little more detail, I've verified that the older Snapper I can get for short money is a circa 1987 Series 6 model with a 33" deck. It's the type that has the bicycle handlebar and chains attached to the mower deck (to raise/lower I presume). This is supposed to be the "Extra Tough" model. Not sure if that actually means anything or just what they called them back in the late 80's.

My Series 11 has a bad engine, 25" deck, and no bagger, hence the reason I'm considering picking up this one. But if it's not so much a plug-n-play effort, it's probably not worth bothering.

Mow Joe

Threads
The baggers for 25 & 33 are not interchangeable.

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
The baggers for 25 & 33 are not interchangeable.

Thanks for the reply. Any idea where the difference lies? What if perhaps I moved the 33" mower deck and bagger assembly over to the later Series 11 machine?

I suspect the issue there might be the fact that the deck attachment method seems to have changed, roughly consistent with the timing of the handlebar to steering wheel change it would seem. (series 6 to 7?)

Mow Joe

Threads
Thanks for the reply. Any idea where the difference lies? What if perhaps I moved the 33" mower deck and bagger assembly over to the later Series 11 machine?

I suspect the issue there might be the fact that the deck attachment method seems to have changed, roughly consistent with the timing of the handlebar to steering wheel change it would seem. (series 6 to 7?)
The deck adapter is different, pipe size is smaller, which would mean the bagger lid would be different.

On the round tube models, the 33" frame was longer. Most likely you won't be able to put a 33" under a 25" frame. We got out of the Snapper business shortly after the square-tube mowers were introduced so I'm not as familiar with them and not sure if you could put the newer 25" on the older 33" frame.

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
Thanks for the additional info Joe. Sounds like I might be into creating a Frankenstein if I tried to make this work, so best bet might be not to try.

gvanek

Threads
Not sure if this will help...

I bought a 1995 28" with a bagger...cheap...just for the bagger to mount onto my 2013 model. I added bumpers, and while the fit isn't perfect at the deck, it works just fine.

...but both are 28" machines.

Last edited:

gvanek

Threads
...and the "extra tough" designation notes much better bearings(instead of bushings) in crucial places, and additional gearing in the differential...generally worth a few more $$$.

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
I bought a 1995 28" with a bagger...cheap...just for the bagger to mount onto my 2013 model. I added bumpers, and while the fit isn't perfect at the deck, it works just fine.

Isn't the 2013 model the entirely new machine? But even if so, I could see where adapting the rear bag might be easy enough with a little creativity. The fact that they're both 28" could only help.

DPDISXR4Ti

Threads
...and the "extra tough" designation notes much better bearings(instead of bushings) in crucial places, and additional gearing in the differential...generally worth a few more $$$.

Good to know. I sorta forgot about this for now given the season. Might have to see if it's still available. I wonder how much might be harvest-able from the earlier "Extra tough" machine for use on the later one. I guess that was the premise for my post in the first place, now I'm just broadening out to anything from the earlier mower. :)