B&S Modell 44R877-0001G1

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
B&S Model 44R877-0001G1

Just bought this used Briggs 24 HP.Twin (44R877-0001G1) I usually can find anything I need to on a Briggs engine, but this model seems to be a brain-teaser, I just need some info about the voltage regulator, and the carburetor thermostat linkage If anyone has one of these models I would REALLY appreciate your posting on this forum, Thanks up-front guys , Boobala ..:confused2:

BRIGGGS.PNG

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I forgot to mention, I've already got the Operators Manual, & the Parts Manual, I have the O/H manual for the Briggs older model Briggs twins, ( it's supposed to be the same manual for this 24HP.. eng. also, ) what I need is some info on this thermostat & linkage set-up on the carb. and whether or not it does require a regulator,(it must theres a red wire conn. hangin out the housing ( shroud) I just got this thing and I haven't even taken it out of the trunk of my car yet. I'm kinda hopin if someone has one, that I can coax them into sendin a few pics of the linkage set-up, and any info about the regulator, which I have the Briggs alternator manuals on, so when I pull the eng. housings I should be able to figure that out, then it's just figuring out the wire harness from the eng. to my mower ( if I keep it) just the solenoid, kill-wire, and charging circuitry I cant really find ANY info other than what I already have on these 44-SERIES engines, not even the dimensional specs. NOT a MAJOR crises, mostly curiosity,the linkage is my biggest concern. Appreciate your input Chuck, enough that I just MIGHT cut ya some slack on the bustin chops ( it's the Holiday season anyway, and I better be nice or I'll get reindeer schitt in my stocking again this year !! .. man that stuff stinks !!) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
All I could find on that engine is it came off a Husqvarna YTH 2448 and the operators manual and parts manual.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
All I could find on that engine is it came off a Husqvarna YTH 2448 and the operators manual and parts manual.

I just found this,.. this morning AFTER spending bout 2 hrs on the Briggs site, can't believe there's no info. on this model, at the Briggs site , it's like a CIA slush-fund project, Thanks for the effort, ( I'll tell Santa , .. NO reindeer schitt in YOUR stocking this year, !!) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

NEW 24 HP.PNG

Going by this, I guess I DO need the 16 amp regulator, and from what I've found so far I GUESS,.. it has an iron sleeve,as I thought it was the bored aluminum , just not sure, but me no care, I'm happy with what I got, as I said I can't find any make twins,especially a Briggs, for sale in the Ocala, Fl. area, thats why I jumped on it,.. Again, Thanks buddy, ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just found this,.. this morning AFTER spending bout 2 hrs on the Briggs site, can't believe there's no info. on this model, at the Briggs site , it's like a CIA slush-fund project, Thanks for the effort, ( I'll tell Santa , .. NO reindeer schitt in YOUR stocking this year, !!) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

View attachment 35059

Going by this, I guess I DO need the 16 amp regulator, and from what I've found so far I GUESS,.. it has an iron sleeve,as I thought it was the bored aluminum , just not sure, but me no care, I'm happy with what I got, as I said I can't find any make twins,especially a Briggs, for sale in the Ocala, Fl. area, thats why I jumped on it,.. Again, Thanks buddy, ..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

It takes synthetic engine oil. That is amazing.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yeah, I noticed that too, first time I've seen Briggs recommend synthetic !

You will probably find it needs synthetic to pass Californian EPA laws.
Synthetic has considerably less drag so allows the engine to spin faster during starting , so you get bigger sparks so it fires earlier and thus has less emissions on start up.
This by the way it the only reason why all modern engines run very low viscosity oils.
And any mower ( and most car ) engine that runs synthetic can run on std oil without damage and IMHO is better off running a higher base viscosity oil.

AS for your questions I can not understand what information you can not find & why you need it.
The number of wires and the shape & colour of the alternator stator plug codes the alternator output Briggs do this because there is only 3 different diameter stators and all of them have the same mounting points.
Can't remember and too lazy the check but from memory there is only 3 different flywheels across the entire large Briggs range and then there are 2 sizes of magnets so you can swap the stator & flywheel from just about any large Briggs engine both within a capacity series and across any capacity series.
I regularly drop newer higher capacity alternators onto old engines by simply swapping the flywheels & stators ( rectifiers as needed ).

Many of the engines Briggs make are very exclusive to a single user & for a single application by that user and as such the unique specification can become the IP of the end user and not Briggs , thus you have to go to the equipment manufacturers for parts & service. This is becoming more common . Thus if this spec was owned by the Yippie vibrator company, Yippie can control who gets parts, service information and how long they are available.
Husqvarna is doing this big time and Stihl is a close second.

Kohler is somewhat similar to date I have not come across a different flywheel casting from Magnum series through Triads, Commands & Courages.
The only difference is the size of the mounting hole, small for the forged cranks and large for the cast cranks and again the size of the magnets which can be removed, or swapped from one type to another.
I bought a load of dead Courages with cracked crank cases a year back for no reason other to pinch the magnets off the flywheels to fit on the Command- pro flywheels that had lost a magnet or three.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the input Bert, was just curious as to if this engine has an iron liner (for longevity purposes) only !
my main concern, is some of the throttle linkage is missing, and it appears to have a thermostat on the linkage bracket, found out today there are about 5 different linkage brackets and 2 or 3 different color governor springs for the different brackets, since it appears it has a stat, I'm thinking an auto-type choke, I prefer a manual choke such as on my 21 HP twin, which I could probably install on this 24 HP eng. my 21 HP does NOT have a regulator so THAT is new for me, so I will have to figure out which wires I'll need for the kill sw. , the fuel solenoid, and to charge the battery,.. have to determine which amp regulator to get, but everything I've come across points to using the 16 Amp., which bolts on the side of the eng. ,that's missing from this eng. for some reason, and I didn't notice it, till I got it home. ( my ignorance) other than that, I was curious as to there were any known problems with this particular model engine, I try to find out as much as possible, so if & when I need parts (especially bought on-line) I wanna be damn sure I order the exact part, to avoid the B/S in the return of wrong parts. (been down THAT road with unanswered calls & emails a few times) NOT a pleasant experience, but that's about all I wanted to know outside the fact that I can't find a manual from briggs with the exact model number, guess I'm makin more out of this than I should but that's me, about details ( old aircraft training I guess) and I just use 10W-30 synthetic BLEND in all my mower engines ..:laughing:..:laughing:

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the 44N in my Husqy and I can strip search some of the stuff and look for any pn's which might appear. I have read this thread, but please put in a short ,specific listing of what I can pic and post.
'