Painting underneath the mower

Chugbug

Threads
I guess the title says it all. The underbelly of my 3200 there's a lot of areas were rust has been developing and this is the mowers 1st year. Has anyone painted or used oil on the under belly. I've cleaned it up to get the worst off but I'll be giving it a good clean, changing oil etc. but was wondering what everyone else was doing if anything

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is a read PIA to apply cause if you want a surface that armour piercing rounds bounce off it has to be done right,
Check out POR 15 ( Paint Over Rust ) it s an air drying furane resin that does not give off gasses as it reacts so has no microtubes for water to get in under it like just about every other paint.
Originally developed for painting steel hulled ships.
All the top shelf car restorers use it as a chassis base coat because it is thinner than water and wicks into all those impossible to get at places.
Buy a small can and use it quickly because once expoaes to the moisture in the air it will start to react & go solid.
Brushes can not be washed clean so you have to use disposable ones.
Takes a full week to become bullet proof but after that nothing touches it other than UV so if you paint the top of the deck as well you will need a UV proof top coat ( any house enamel )

DK35vince

Threads
I scrape my mower decks clean and spray them with oil or Fluid film every fall and have no rust.
My zero turn is only 4 years old, but my tractor rear finish mower is 12 years old.
No rust.