Trying to decide between a Gravely ZT52HD and a Big Dog Stout MP 54. Opinions Please

HPD2325

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Trying to decide between a Gravely ZT52HD and a Big Dog Stout MP 54. Opinions Please
Hello, I have narrowed my search down on a zero turn mower to a Gravely ZT52HD and a Big Dog Stout MP.
The Major Differences:
The Gravely has Hydro Gear ZT 3100's and a Kawasaki FR engine. 3 year warranty at $4,950

The Big Dog has Hydro Gear ZT 3400's and a Kawasaki FX engine. 7 year warranty at $5,599.

Anyone have any opinions which is a better machine? Is the extra money worth it?

Any bad experiences with either machine?

Thanks -Mike

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Trying to decide between a Gravely ZT52HD and a Big Dog Stout MP 54. Opinions Please
Big Dog

Travlitt

Threads
I have the Diablo MP and I rate it as one of the best of the best.

DK35vince

Threads
I have the Diablo MP and I rate it as one of the best of the best.
The Diablo MP looks and specs about exactly the same as my Hustler Super Z.
I believe the same company makes both (Excel Industries), so they likely are very similar.
Love my Super Z.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
FYI Big Dog mowers are manufactured by Hustler.
You may find an equivalent Hustler for a few dollars less.....

DK35vince

Threads
FYI Big Dog mowers are manufactured by Hustler.
You may find an equivalent Hustler for a few dollars less.....
Doubtful.
You have to get into the commercial grade Hustler (like the FasTrak SDX) before you get the ZT 3400 transmissions.
The Kawasaki FX engines are in the commercial grade machines only.
Likely a good bit more $$

Sounds like a pretty good price on the Big Dog to me.

HPD2325

Forum Newbie
Threads
The price seemed pretty good to me as well, I’ll likely go buy the big dog tomorrow. The gravely looked really well built, but for the money, I think the big dog is the better Buy. The only thing that really bothers me about the big dog is that the floor pan doesn’t open up.

HPD2325

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I bought the big dog. Thanks for the help guys!