Mower
    Troy-Bilt

New and learning

Hi all - love what I've seen so far in the forums. Lots of useful information.

I have a Troy-Bilt 21" rear propelled mower with Briggs and Stratton 725EX auto choke engine. I was doing the final low mow before winter and the engine bogged down, died, and would not restart - not even a sputter. Just minutes prior to that I was thinking how carefree this mover has been over the last 4 seasons - just basic maintenance. That'll teach me.

So I'm going to poke around some more in the Troy Bilt and Briggs and Stratton forums and come up with a plan for isolating the problem. I have a spark tester but have not hooked it up yet - that'll be step one. I'll post if I get stumped.

~john

Mower
    Kubota

Re: New and learning

Hi John.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Catherine
    LawnWorld Support

Mower
    Troy-Bilt

Re: New and learning

Quote Originally Posted by JDTIFF View Post
    Hi all - love what I've seen so far in the forums. Lots of useful information.

I have a Troy-Bilt 21" rear propelled mower with Briggs and Stratton 725EX auto choke engine. I was doing the final low mow before winter and the engine bogged down, died, and would not restart - not even a sputter. Just minutes prior to that I was thinking how carefree this mover has been over the last 4 seasons - just basic maintenance. That'll teach me.

So I'm going to poke around some more in the Troy Bilt and Briggs and Stratton forums and come up with a plan for isolating the problem. I have a spark tester but have not hooked it up yet - that'll be step one. I'll post if I get stumped.

~john
    Update: Spark tester showed current to plug. I then removed the plug and it had some carbon buildup. Cleaned the plug with a wire brush and set gap (.020). Mower started on first pull and ran without issue. I read in one of the posts here that the B&S 625 and 725 are temperamental about gap width. I can attest to that.

~john