Raptor SD Minor Tracking Adjustment

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I received my Raptor SD54 from the big-box store, it exhibited a SLIGHT track to the left
when on flat ground. I didn't like that.
So, I pretty much just followed the linkage til I found the adjustment.
In the Raptor Parts Manual, page 3-10,see the inset for the steering linkage, item #7.
The adjustments are made to the steering bushing, item #22 by loosening the jam nuts,item #20.
(I found it necessary to disconnect the linkage from the drive arm by removing clip #11, as I could not hold
both jam nuts adequately in order to break then loose without possible bending the arm on the transmission.)
If the steering tracks left, item #22 must be moved to the rear SLIGHTLY. (I cannot remember if the bushing, #22 is threaded or not...)
Loosen the rear jam nut and move #22 to the rear, maybe 1 turn, then snug up the jam nuts and reassemble the
linkage to the drive arm.

Test the tracking and repeat (or reverse) as necessary.
I found that 2 turns did the trick.

I hope this helps someone.....

p.s. I found this procedure easier to perform after removing the left rear wheel.
YMMV.....

Last edited:

mhavanti

Threads
Excellent post and one that hasn't been covered in any other forums thus far. Thanks Ron for posting it here and on the Hustler Review page in Facebook.

Max

Tomster

Threads
Thanks, mine has tracked to the left over time and I just cope with it. I'll make that adjustment soon.

mhavanti

Threads
Ron,

I knew this topic would be a winner! Great post!

Thank you,

Max