Newbie from Alabama

riverdrift

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, my name is Tony. I just recently purchased a Hustler Raptor 42" and so far have really been impressed with how fast and easy it is to get the job done. My property is under two acres so a push mower will handle it however, during the summer months in south Alabama this can be an extremely hot job. So taking AC breaks very often this chore ate up a whole day. Name? I dunno. It's yellow and rides, maybe I'll just call it 'Da Bus.'

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome, and, Roll Tide Roll !!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new "bus." :wink:

riverdrift

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome, and, Roll Tide Roll !!
Thanks Ronno, what part of Mississippi? My daughter lives off in the woods around Buckatunna. We live out from Gantt near the fork of the Conecuh River and Patsaloga. Oh yeah, Roll Tide. Although gotta take my hat off to Auburn. They kinda taught Georgia and Bama a little lesson in something like 'Do go running out on that field thinking you gonna push us around. So they supposed to get my bagger in tomorrow and if I can get that thing twisted on right then fixin' to pick up some leaves and pine straw. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, I have owned riding mowers before but this is my first zero turn and I like it so far. By the way, one more real important question for ya. How do you get an Irishman to get on the roof? Tell him the drinks are on the hours. Ha!!!

riverdrift

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new "bus." :wink:
Thank you Catherine. I think this is going to be very interesting and enjoyable. Looking forward to sharing some ideas and experiences. Right now I am getting familiar with this machine and already thinking about some mods.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
We live in Wiggins, about 30 miles north of Gulfport.

Yeah, maybe Auburn showed us something, but it came at a price.
They were not the same team after the BAMA game (kinda like Florida State) and Georgia put 'em in their place.
So, Auburn won those 2 battles but lost the war as BAMA and Georgia move on into the championship semi's....
So, take your hat off to them, but don't pull it down over your face when you put it back on !

I purchased a Hustler Raptor SD54 this fall at a steal of a price.
So far, I like it, but still use my Huskee 54" for leaf mulching duties.

NorthBama

Threads
Welcome
from up North
Alabama

riverdrift

Forum Newbie
Threads
I like south Alabama also. My son lives in Opelika Alabama
Yep, I was raised in South Alabama, little town called Semmes right outside of Mobile. Now we live in Gantt on this river, get to fish anytime I want and back off aways from all the hustle and bustle of the city. Gantt's too small to have a red light or even a post office.