Also a new member

Olcatmech2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Am an old retired mechanic on Forklifts, gas and electric models and retired from the USAF where I was an electrician on the C130 B models for 20 years. Have read and learned
a lot on here from lots of you folks out there. Never too old to learn a new trick or two. Was happy doing maintenance on mowers but when someone hauls in a rider with 4 rotten,
flat tires, dead or no battery at all and balk because you tell them you need around 200 dollars to just get it to roll and that's before you determine if the engine is any good or if
the deck itself has anything salvageable! Now I just try to find an old mower that is complete and not too expensive to purchase, fix all areas and try to sell it to cover my parts
and expenses of dealing with it. Am retired anyway and not looking to make a fortune but do want my expenses and parts covered.
Thanks for hearing me out!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome: Welcome to the forum.

That seems like a reasonable wish :smile:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Am an old retired mechanic on Forklifts, gas and electric models and retired from the USAF where I was an electrician on the C130 B models for 20 years. Have read and learned
a lot on here from lots of you folks out there. Never too old to learn a new trick or two. Was happy doing maintenance on mowers but when someone hauls in a rider with 4 rotten,
flat tires, dead or no battery at all and balk because you tell them you need around 200 dollars to just get it to roll and that's before you determine if the engine is any good or if
the deck itself has anything salvageable! Now I just try to find an old mower that is complete and not too expensive to purchase, fix all areas and try to sell it to cover my parts
and expenses of dealing with it. Am retired anyway and not looking to make a fortune but do want my expenses and parts covered.
Thanks for hearing me out!

Welcome former flyboy, I too am an AF vet, jet-emg mech. but worked on C-130 herks also, after my discharge ( mostly accessories overhaul ) supporting mostly for a "spook-outfit" based in Miami Fl. Glad to have you on-board, ENJOY the ride !

welcome-smileys.png

Olcatmech2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks so much for your reply and I have enjoyed reading a lot of your posts, very informative and glad we have something in common
with the Herks!:smile:

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks so much for your reply and I have enjoyed reading a lot of your posts, very informative and glad we have something in common
with the Herks!:smile:

Was mostly CIA acft. we supported, until the budget cuts, even we got let go, supposedly they switched to straight jet acft., BUT I know they sure can't land those babies in the remote area's they "visit" , we used to get landing assy's with tons of caked mud, sand and an occassional palm frond in them. I'm sure they've set-up op's somewhere out of this country ..??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
BTW, if you have a GOOD sense of humor, (warped at that) and lots of time, I "hang-out" on the thread ( MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild) great guys, heavy equipt,mechs, Veterans, a few electricians and ALL wild and CRAZY guys, you would probably have to start at page 1 and "skip pages" till the end, to get a good idea of the DEPLORABLES we are ..:laughing:..:laughing: ... hope ya make it !

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was mostly CIA acft. we supported, until the budget cuts, even we got let go, supposedly they switched to straight jet acft., BUT I know they sure can't land those babies in the remote area's they "visit", we used to get landing assy's with tons of caked mud, sand and an occasional palm frond in them. I'm sure they've set-up op's somewhere out of this country ..??

SHHHHHHHHHHH the walls have ears!!!