Coleman Generator with B&S engine will not start

bluegirl

Threads
Hi all,
I have had this generator for quite a few years and I have always had a hard time starting it. It would take upwards of 50 pulls to get it to go, but it would usually go and be fine. This year it have gone thru the motions and nothing. I have used new fuel, checked to spark plug and the plug is fouled with fuel. Cleaned it a few times but still nothing.
Coleman Powermate Ultra 2500W with a B&S XTE Quantum 28802-2332-E1 9803-58 (the end 2 digits are hard to make out)
Where to start?
Cheers

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have a spark...? being that the plug is wet..!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like either the spark plug isn't firing under compression or you got some of that new non flammable gas.

bluegirl

Threads
Took it apart today & here are some things I found: kill wire spade connector partly broken, coil & flywheel had some rust on them, carburetor had some loose deposit it the bowl but that's about it & no visible spark.

ryan2148

Forum Newbie
Threads
if you see no spark you most likely need a new coil but there is a small chance that it is the spark plug. change out the spark plug (~$5) if there is still no spark replace the coil (~$40) and you should be on your way. the rust on the flywheel doesn't matter