Blower Won't Stay Running

Mirage_88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,

For some reason can't seem to keep a Poulan Pro Wild Thing WT200 blower running. Cleaned the carburetor multiple times, new carburetor gasket, has good spark when cold and hot, new fuel lines, has good compression both cold and hot, and new fuel. Not sure if the jets are mixed up, they're almost identical, but one is larger than the other on the ends and the one head of the jet has a nut and the other is smooth. My dad took it apart and mixed up the diaphragm orientation, so I fixed that. I have the jets at about 3/4 turn each. We've had it since new, probably close to 10yrs old, but hasn't been used very much. Last time I had it running for about 5 minutes, kept having to adjust the jets, finally quit and wouldn't start again. I haven't looked at it since a couple days ago, really getting annoyed with this thing.

Mirage_88

Forum Newbie
Threads
The carburetor is in good shape, actually like new. Rather not replace the carburetor if there isn't a need for it. I removed the steel filter screen in the carburetor, heard they could cause an issue. I also removed the filter in the tank too for temporary in case it was causing an issue, it does have new fuel lines though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The carburetor is in good shape, actually like new. Rather not replace the carburetor if there isn't a need for it. I removed the steel filter screen in the carburetor, heard they could cause an issue. I also removed the filter in the tank too for temporary in case it was causing an issue, it does have new fuel lines though.

Bad move.
Those cube carbs have a lots of very tiny holes, just slightly bigger than the mesh in the screen you just tossed out and once blocked it is Good Night Irine.

Take it off, fill a coffee jar with water.
hook a fuel line to the carb & drop it into the water then pump the carb up.
It should take around 10 PSI and there should be no bubbles.

Usually when they start but don't run you either have a fuel blockage or an air leak.
cube carbs are pressure vessels and must be air tight.

primerbulb120

Threads
If you took both fuel filters off, carb is probably shot due to particles and debris down in the jets where you can't clean. If you decide to replace it, I would recommend at least a new fuel pickup line and filter.