Greenworks G-MAX 40V Twin Force vs Greenworks Pro 21-inch 80V?

seannymurrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Greenworks G-MAX 40V Twin Force vs Greenworks Pro 21-inch 80V?
I’m in the market for a new mower and am thinking about giving an electric model a try. I happened to see that Amazon has some Greenworks models on sale as part of their early Cyber Monday sale. I was initially led to the G-MAX 40V Twin Force as it was mentioned to be one of the best deals. I then found a link to the Pro 80V model that is going for only $50 more. Now at first glance, it seemed like a no-brainer to get the 80V model. After looking at Amazon's price history though, it seems the 80V model has been at that price for a while now, where the 40V is pretty heavily discounted today. I’m trying to figure out if I’m missing something here. It still seems as though the 80V is the better mower for only slightly more, but I honestly know next to nothing about electric mowers (or any mower for that matter), so I wanted to get some outside input before I purchased either.

MowerMike

Threads
The Greenworks 80 volt Pro mower is much better than the 40 volt Twin Force, and that is a very good price. You probably saw the 80 volt tool only (no batteries and charger) being sold at this lower price. If I didn’t already own a Greenworks 60 volt Pro 21” deck mower, I’d seriouly consider getting the 80 volt that is currently on sale.

seannymurrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guess I waited too long. Seems to be gone now.

MowerMike

Threads
Yeah, that deal was too good to last very long. The Twin Force is a good deal too. I’ve owned one for nearly 5 years, and it does a good job. How large is your lawn ?

seannymurrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m kicking myself now for not just pulling the trigger on the 80V. I should have gone with my gut. My yard is a little over a quarter acre (0.28 acres according to Zillow).

MowerMike

Threads
Well, your yard is nearly twice the size of mine and I can barely complete mowing it on a single charge of the batteries that come with the Twin Force, so you probably want something larger. Unless you find another deal, you will be paying well over $400 on anything else that’s suitable.