Kawasaki FR engine oil drain hose

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone have a part # for this drain hose set-up ? My Kawasaki has the little plastic/poly drain tap. (Which I hate).

I know Bob-Cat & some Scags use this hose drain on their Kawasaki's.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What series of FR engine is it?
Looked at Kawasakiengines.com and it looks like they might not offer a new drain hose. You might could get the dimensions and find one at a local parts store?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine is an FR651V with this oil drain (see image), which a friend with a BobCat has same engine with drain hose. I doubt the auto parts would have a hose with this type threads & it takes a O-ring as well.

Attachments

• Kaw FR Oil drain.jpg
    Kaw FR Oil drain.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 16

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the engine is the same, the drain hose was probably installed by BobCat. Get your buddies BobCat model number or check with a BobCat dealer.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
WHAT @Rivets said ^^ I don't know why i didn't think of that....... :ashamed:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I contacted Kawasaki engines, and they DO NOT carry that part. I guess it's a bobcat thing

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Guys- I checked with my Toro Dealer, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. :confused2:

I gotta contact my Bud, & even call local BobCat Dealer.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do a google search of “small engine oil drain hose” and you will find many solutions to your problem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have taken the thread dimension of the fitting on the engine and had my local hydraulic hose place just make me a hose to fit it. Most of the Napa stores in my area make hydraulic hoses. 3/8-16 is the common thread size for american engines, but the Kaw's and the Honda could be metric.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rivets- Thanks, been googling like crazy, but can't be sure it will fit my Kawi threads.

ILENGINE- That is a good idea, I should call Napa. I'm NOT gonna be lifting the engine just to screw out this poly/plastic shut off. So I gotta be sure I have something that is ready to go back in properly.

Local Scag Dealer I called today also handles Exmark & the machine he checked has the precise hose I want (same engine etc), but he wants $50. out the door.:thumbdown: And he was so was careful to not give me that part number.

I know I can get bit way cheaper, I'm calling Exmark online tomorrow. I think I found the part for $19.95, but need to be sure.