Husqvarna

cdb72143

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a model YTH2348 and this is our first riding mower. My wife decided to help mow yard. Well she hit a stump. Now whenever I start mower it won’t go into forward or reverse. There is a loud noise whenever I released brake. So mower starts just fine. Just won’t drive. Well I found the drive belt slipped off pulley…so I put it back on but it happened again. Any advise on what I should do?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:
Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Husqvarna section to see if we can help you get that mower going in the right direction(s) again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Made a loud noise ?
like a jet fighter ?
Atomic bomb?
Woman screaming?
Glass breaking?
engine backfiring ?

cdb72143

Forum Newbie
Threads
The best way I can describe it would be a grinding noise as I let off the brake. If I could load a video I would.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK,
Start with the easy bits.

jack up the mower both rear wheels off the ground and work the pedals.
If the wheels move then stop the mower and remove both wheels.
There is a length of 1/3 key steel in both axels if one has sheared then the mower won't move
They are part No 2 in this diagram https://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/yth-2348-96045002201-husqvarna-yard-tractor-2010-04/drive/,

Also check that the belt is on the rear pulley and not sitting between the pulley and the fan

If neither of these are the problem then locate the stabilizer at the front of the transmission.
It might be a strap or a couple of bolts joining the front of the tranny to the frame, check that these have not sheared or the mounting bent allowing the transmission to cant foreward & down.

Other than that, support the mower on jack stands and get an assistant to release the brake & work the drive pedal while you are under the mower watching & listening.
Use 2 stands either side of the frame and not one on the tow mount