Help Needed!!! HRT 216

MountainMover

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda Harmony HRT 216. I rebuilt the rear wheel/clicking mechanism. When I first got the mower, the drive belt kept jumping off the pulley on top of the transmission. I figured no big deal. Rebuild it and call it a day.

I rebuilt everything, but kept the pulley that came with the transmission. It looks like it is not lined up with the shaft off of the engine. And I cannot get the tension bolt/spring lined up. Does anyone have any ideas? Is the transmission wrong? Is the pulley wrong?

I am about to pull my hair out!

Thanks so much!

John

Attachments

• IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1501.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 18

MountainMover

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there any chance that the "holder wire" is wrong? I would like to verify my VIN, but that sticker is gone. Any ideas?

FasterZcar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there any chance that the "holder wire" is wrong? I would like to verify my VIN, but that sticker is gone. Any ideas?

I’m by far no expert, but these are just some of my observations. You didn’t say, but I would say that you have the single speed transmission. The single speed HRT216 would put you in the HRT216SDA families. With the picture of the transmission setup that you posted, and after comparing with the Honda information, I would say that you have a HRT216SDA manufactured from 1998 - 1999 with a serial number between MZCG-6000001-6195138. In the next revision, HRT216K1SDA, they changed the transmission. The pulley that you have on there appears to be the correct pulley for that transmission setup its secured on with a bolt, the revised transmission went to a smaller plastic pulley that’s secured on with a spring pin. The correct drive belt for that setup should be 22431-VG3-B00, and I believe it is 38cm. According to a post of this site titled "HRT216SDA-Throws-belt-NEED-HELP-PLEASE," sorry cant post links yet, Honda has a kit to stop the belt from coming off of the pulley for that model 06915-VG4-305. I would recheck that you have it all back together the way that it came off. That's just my guess on this situation. I can post a pic of the service manual for how it should be put back together if you need it.

Since you don’t have the frame serial number, you can PM robert(at)honda, (why the site flaged the at sign as a link is beyond me :confused2:), and ask him to lookup your engine serial number, maybe he can tell you what year the engine is, and maybe what serial number frame it went to.