Montgomery Ward Deck

bleedblue

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did some work on a Montgomery Ward TMO 33907A Di55C (changed blades, belts and tires). I noticed that the deck is rubbing on the front left tire when the deck is up and on the back right tire when the deck is down. The deck itself doesn't appear to be bent, but I am not sure what I am missing. It appears the 4 deck hangers are connected correctly. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

IMG_161449405 - Copy.jpg

IMG_61517129(1024x721).jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Was the deck ever removed and worked on ?? it definitely looks "cocked" as if the right side hit something and shifted everything, IF the "hangers were removed are they in the correct positions ?? upside-down, left to right or vice-versa, front to back, ?? I'm only guessing, and hate to show my ignorancee but I am NOT familiar with your deck !
Also is it possible the "hangers" are mounted wrong on the mower frame, your owners manual MIGHT have instructions on removing and replacing the deck.

bleedblue

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had the deck off to replace the belt and blades however I removed it from the hangers themselves. A manual would be wonderful, any ideas on where to locate one?
Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
They haven't made Montgomery Ward mowers for around 30 years. It looks a lot like a MTD to me.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Found a parts diagram SIMILAR to your pics, check the position of the hangers, I can't tell how yours are mounted from few pics shown, seems this mower was made in the early 90s, afraid you'll play hell finding much info on it , unless a member has something in their files, this is all I ran across.

http://spencersales.hibid.com/lot/72122-76349-19253/montgomery-ward-riding-lawn-mower--38--deck/

http://lawnandgarden.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/montgomery_ward/tmo33905_a.html

66931206.jpg

M-W DECK.JPG .. click to enlarge and use enlarge on your puter (zoom)

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the bracket I have circled in red. I think it might be disconnected.
wards.jpg

bleedblue

Forum Newbie
Threads
That bracket is connected, there are 2 holes in the hanger (it is connected to the lower hole currently), I posted a better picture. I have some time today to compare the diagram to what is actually on the tractor. In the other picture I circled a piece that I do not see in the diagram, any idea if that should be tighter?

IMG_093948986 - Copy.jpg

IMG_094011676 - Copy.jpg

Thanks