Hydraulic pumps

88bradb

Threads
I have a 03 tiger cub that I bought new.I have 450 hrs on it and was wanting to know about how many hrs can I expect to get out of my hydraulic pumps?Is there an average amount of hrs that this should be expected?I do maintain it well as far as preventive maintenance.

88bradb

Threads
I have a 03 tiger cub that I bought new.I have 450 hrs on it and was wanting to know about how many hrs can I expect to get out of my hydraulic pumps?Is there an average amount of hrs that this should be expected?I do maintain it well as far as preventive maintenance.

Wow,guess the y are good pumps.Evidently there hasn't been any go out yet?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most hydraulic pumps live 800 to 1000 hours. Some more some less. They are all rebuildable for around $150.00 or more depending on why they fail. Clean fluid is the key to longevity.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly you posted a question on a public holiday so those here who browse the web from work will not see your post till Monday.
Secondly you are relying on Tiger Cub owners who have had their hydros fail to respond, and that is a very small number list members.
You have owned the unit from new so should have the owners manual and in the specifications section should be the name & model of the pumps.
If you asked how long could you expect a Monster Mover model 123 pump to run then you have now expanded the number of people who could give you first hand experience as the hydros used in your mower were used in a lot of other mowers but if you don't tell people what hydros you have don't expect others to go to the effort of looking up the spec sheets of your mower to see if they have the same hydros as you.

Hydros used in mowers wear out due to errosion between the piston chest & the valve plate.
Good quality commercial grade units will have a filter which should be replaced fairly regularly and the oil changed more regularly.

Domestic hydros do not have this facility for 2 reasons
1) it adds substantially to the cost
2) lazy owners never bother to properly clean the outside of the units before refilling thus introduce dirt into the unit which negates the purpose of changing the oil in the first place.
People do not understand that the dust which kills hydros is smaller than a human eye can see.
Hydro filters are generally in the 10 to 25 micron range.

Using the Henry Ford principle of planned obsolesance domestic hydros will usually run 500 to 1000 hours.
Commercial units , properly maintined should run 3000 to 10,000 hours depending upon how they are used

88bradb

Threads
Firstly you posted a question on a public holiday so those here who browse the web from work will not see your post till Monday.
Secondly you are relying on Tiger Cub owners who have had their hydros fail to respond, and that is a very small number list members.
You have owned the unit from new so should have the owners manual and in the specifications section should be the name & model of the pumps.
If you asked how long could you expect a Monster Mover model 123 pump to run then you have now expanded the number of people who could give you first hand experience as the hydros used in your mower were used in a lot of other mowers but if you don't tell people what hydros you have don't expect others to go to the effort of looking up the spec sheets of your mower to see if they have the same hydros as you.

Hydros used in mowers wear out due to errosion between the piston chest & the valve plate.
Good quality commercial grade units will have a filter which should be replaced fairly regularly and the oil changed more regularly.

Domestic hydros do not have this facility for 2 reasons
1) it adds substantially to the cost
2) lazy owners never bother to properly clean the outside of the units before refilling thus introduce dirt into the unit which negates the purpose of changing the oil in the first place.
People do not understand that the dust which kills hydros is smaller than a human eye can see.
Hydro filters are generally in the 10 to 25 micron range.

Using the Henry Ford principle of planned obsolesance domestic hydros will usually run 500 to 1000 hours.
Commercial units , properly maintined should run 3000 to 10,000 hours depending upon how they are used

Thank you for your response.I assumed the year and or model(tiger cub) would dictate what pumps it had.I apologize for that mine is a stc48a-19ka with pumps-BPD-10A-316 -LEFT and BPD-10A-419 -RIGHT according to the manual.I guess I got a little nervous when a friend told me it was normal for them to go out between 450-500 hours and I am in that range.I do change the hydraulic oil and filter every 200 hours.I have heard it is very pricey to replace.I work a lot of hours and have two teenage girls involved in sports therefore I don't have much time.I would have to pay someone to do it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
so what you really needed to know was :-
What is the average service life of a Hydrogear BPD-10A-316 & BPD-10A-419 pump.

If you google that you find plethoria of information from all of the various mowers these units were fitted in.
In fact if you serch this forum for those two terms you might turn up something useful.

88bradb

Threads
so what you really needed to know was :-
What is the average service life of a Hydrogear BPD-10A-316 & BPD-10A-419 pump.

If you google that you find plethoria of information from all of the various mowers these units were fitted in.
In fact if you serch this forum for those two terms you might turn up something useful.

Yes,you are probably right .Looks like I am not getting much here.Thanks for your hospitality.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am running three Tiger Cats that have never had a pump related issue. The oldest was bought July 2014 and has around 1700 hours on it. the second was bought in April of 2015 and has around 1000 hours on it and the third was bought April of 2016 and has over 700 hours on it.

All three have been operated under incredibly brutal conditions in South Alabama heat.

We try to change oil and filters on the drive systems at 500 hour intervals on all three units. We replace drive belts when one breaks or at 500 hours as well.

Hope that helps.

88bradb

Threads
I am running three Tiger Cats that have never had a pump related issue. The oldest was bought July 2014 and has around 1700 hours on it. the second was bought in April of 2015 and has around 1000 hours on it and the third was bought April of 2016 and has over 700 hours on it.

All three have been operated under incredibly brutal conditions in South Alabama heat.

We try to change oil and filters on the drive systems at 500 hour intervals on all three units. We replace drive belts when one breaks or at 500 hours as well.

Hope that helps.

Yes,it does help.I believe I don't think I will have to worry about it for a while.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes,it does help.I believe I don't think I will have to worry about it for a while.

Not sure how many hours is on it but I know where there is one that is over 20 years old that has never had a pump related issue.