Dripping Spark Arrestor

Kennykenny

Threads
how old is the blower could be from just general use and not having the compression it used to have. this leaves more un-burnt fuel and oil in the exhaust gasses and will slobber a little.

another thing it could be running a little rich as well if you wanted to lean it out a little. not to the point of getting a lean bog but at the point where you still get good throttle response.

How do I "lean it out a little?"

Threads
Kenny you do not want to Lean it out as for as the carb adjust....... That would be like having a unmeatered air leak at the seals or the base gasket and a meltdown...

I use .8 of an ounce of Poulan Syn oil and 1 quart of gas.... Or a 1 gal. gas to a bottle of oil that's for a 1 gal. can of gas.....

Then I tune the carb to that mix of oil and gas ratio....... Always when you are adjusting the high needle go clockwise till it stalls then go counter clockwise till it 4 strokes... Then turn your jet/needle clock wise a hair...

That is the perfect setting for your high side......

I tuned a saw the other day and the high side wrapped up up to 14 grand at it's peak....... Way toooo much for that saw and most saws.... I got it to 4 stroke at 12.5 and it cut Pecan wood like soft butter.......

snowbelt_subie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kenny you do not want to Lean it out as for as the carb adjust....... That would be like having a unmeatered air leak at the seals or the base gasket and a meltdown...

I use .8 of an ounce of Poulan Syn oil and 1 quart of gas.... Or a 1 gal. gas to a bottle of oil that's for a 1 gal. can of gas.....

Then I tune the carb to that mix of oil and gas ratio....... Always when you are adjusting the high needle go clockwise till it stalls then go counter clockwise till it 4 strokes... Then turn your jet/needle clock wise a hair...

That is the perfect setting for your high side......

I tuned a saw the other day and the high side wrapped up up to 14 grand at it's peak....... Way toooo much for that saw and most saws.... I got it to 4 stroke at 12.5 and it cut Pecan wood like soft butter.......

actually he does want to lean it out its probably running too rich. adjust the carb high and low turn the sqrews in clockwise to lean and counter to richen it up.