New guy LTX1045 hood.

Melloreel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys.First post, not gonna be last. As noted I have an 2011 LTX1045 that caught fire. Still haven’t figured out why, but seen many pics of others? So I’m buying used parts to repair the damage, and having a heck of a time getting a hood. Found two for the LTX and several for the LT around on eBay, but either they won’t ship due to size, or they want over $100 just shipping.
So question. Will the LT 1042-45 fit the LTX? Since it, and several other brands are made by MTD will a John Deere or other model fit? I can’t find any pics close enough to compare.
Thanks.
Melloreel.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Might want to try asking a lawn-service operator ( may be one in the neighborhood or try the phone-book ) if they know of any "mower salvage/ junkyards" in the area, also look online for something close by, I'm fortunate to have about 4 in my reasonable area.

Melloreel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info, but I’ve gone thru dealers trying to locate salvage yards etc.. in my area and can’t find any? Gonna keep looking though. I did find one in Mulberry Fl thought about looking there when I go to Turkey rod run.

Melloreel

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I have already done a ton of research on this. since mine caught fire I would have to buy everything lights, side panels etc.... that would be over $350 alone. Still have dash, blower housing and more to get.
That’s why I’m chasing the used parts.