New Yard Force 120 volt cordless self-propelled lawn mower

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New Yard Force 120 volt cordless self-propelled lawn mower
I just saw this for sale on Amazon for $799.99. It’s rather pricey, but seems to be a step above the current crop of cordless lawn mowers. The deck is 22”, so the blade should be about 21”. It comes with two 300 Wh batteries and promises up to 110 minutes of runtime.

https://www.yardforceusa.com/yf120vrx-lawnmower

Mark Widmer

Threads
Interesting mower. First I've heard of a 120 V battery system.

I imagine the high price is from its (1) self-propelled, (2) extra power feature for cutting through tall or wet grass, and (3) 2nd battery included with the mower. But it's been years since I've been in the market for a mower myself, and I don't know what has become the norm these days.

Inability to cut wet grass was always a shortcoming of my B&D CMM1000.

Mark Widmer

Threads
The first was the Redback product series, but the mower is push.

Looks like there is a self-propelled version available too, according to the manual (available at link you gave).

MowerMike

Threads
Looks like there is a self-propelled version available too, according to the manual (available at link you gave).

I don’t see the self-propelled version listed anywhere, so maybe a future product ? Anyways, there are some things I don’t like about the Redback, such as a maximum cutting height of only 3.15” (80mm) and no provision for vertical (upright) storage.

Lithium Man

Threads
Hello all. I plan on getting this mower. I read that 110 minute runtime is with self propelled use. So without using the self propelled feature I'm thinking you can easily get 140-150 mins of runtime. Also Yard Force has become the world’s first garden tools manufacturer brand that has obtained the UL certificate. Basically because the mower for 1 has the torque of a 160cc engine plus a long runtime.
I have a Kobalt 80v mower with the 2 batteries that charge in 30mins. I've used it all summer long & love it. I have the Ego 15" string trimmer,hedge trimmer & the 530 cfm blower. I also just got the Ego power head with the edger attachment. So while I love my Kobalt mower, I would love the runtime of the Yard Force mower. But now I'm holding out to see what Ego is coming with for the spring 2018. They're saying that the products they're bringing out are going to take the industry by storm.

MowerMike

Threads
Love your user name. :thumbsup:

Make sure to post a review of the mower after you use it a few times.

Lithium Man

Threads
Thanks. I'm obsessed with Lithium Ion equipment lol.

MowerMike

Threads
Well, if you didn’t buy it already, the Black Friday discount is over and the price is back up to $799.99.