Blade engage and disengage..........

jerrycle

Threads
..........can anyone tell me please a good reason the belt sometimes come off of a 3 year old Craftsman with a 26 hp Kohler and 54 inch deck when you disengage the blades with electronic engage? All the pulleys and mandrels are very free and a new Craftsman belt. Haven't hit anything or bent anything up to my knowledge. Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
With the very unuseful information, you gave us about your mower. Like no model number of engine or mower. I can only really guess. But if a mower with electric PTO is throwing a belt at shut off I would check the idler and drive pulleys for free movement when the belt is removed. If they all turn freely without noise or unusual play then I would suspect the tensioner spring.

Threads
I agree with Blaze on taking the deck off and check everything from top to bottom. Have you been greasing the spindles regular ??

2 blades or 3 BLADES ??

Are your BLADES in good shape ??

Or they the original BLADES ??

One of your BLADE belt guides might be out of whack...

A couple pics might help us out and a model number would help very much like Blaze said earlier ~!~!

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What he said ^ :smile:
|

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1) belts comes off from where ?
Engine, deck ? it makes a difference.

2) check the tensioning arm.
people never clean nor lube it despite what the manual that nobody bothers to read says.
Once the holes flog out oval the arm can swing in both the horizontal & vertical planes which will toss the belt.

3) then there are the deck linkages.
Worn deck hangers can allow the deck to twist and throw the belt.