Carb issue

hrdman2luv

Threads
Poulan Pro 34cc.

Cleaned out the card (best I could) inside and out. Primer bulb wouldn't pop back out. Now, it cranks and runs good with the choke on. But once you release the choke half way, or give it some gas, it dies right away.
BTW, when it cranks, (choked) it a very high idle.
I've adjusted the highs & lows in probably every position from 1/2 turn out to 3. Sometimes the same amount on each. I've tried with with different amounts each. Regardless of how it's adjusted, it's exactly the same result.

Anyone ever have this problem?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the primer bulb will not not pop back out there is a blockage in the fuel supply system.
Fix it first before you go playing with things.
Try it without the fuel line collected to the carb, then with the return line removed from the primer.
If it is a remote primer try with the carb disconnected from the primer bulb.
Lots of different set ups some with only 1 check valve some with multiple check valves.
Also make sure the primer is connected correctly if it is a remote one & not hooked up backwards.

hrdman2luv

Threads
If the primer bulb will not not pop back out there is a blockage in the fuel supply system.
Fix it first before you go playing with things.
Try it without the fuel line collected to the carb, then with the return line removed from the primer.
If it is a remote primer try with the carb disconnected from the primer bulb.
Lots of different set ups some with only 1 check valve some with multiple check valves.
Also make sure the primer is connected correctly if it is a remote one & not hooked up backwards.

I fixed the primer bulb issue, when I cleaned it out. New fuel lines. Took off both ends of the carb and cleaned it out. New fuel bulb.

The problem is after I crank it. It idles high, until you start releasing the choke. Then it dies immediately.