Carburettor problem

guytonr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day, I am a novice mechanic and don't tend to do it very often. I have a Westwood T1800h and due to running out of fuel, after refuelling it the engine begun to hunt due todirt in carb. I removed carb andcleaned out by removing the few screws there are, wiping and replacing them andsure enough there were bits of dirt in emulsion tube, this was the only dirt Ifound. As the bonnet was off I decided to remove petrol tank and clean outalso. On putting back together the engine only turns over without firing, thereis fuel in the fuel bowl but the plugs were not wet so I am suspecting thatfuel is not getting through the carb. Does anybody have any ideas what the issue could be??? Could it be airgetting in somewhere, does it need bleeding or does the emulsion tube or othercrews have to be replaced in a certain way to work? I am at a loss! Many thanks in advance. Regards, Ross

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good day, I am a novice mechanic and don't tend to do it very often. I have a Westwood T1800h and due to running out of fuel, after refuelling it the engine begun to hunt due todirt in carb. I removed carb andcleaned out by removing the few screws there are, wiping and replacing them andsure enough there were bits of dirt in emulsion tube, this was the only dirt Ifound. As the bonnet was off I decided to remove petrol tank and clean outalso. On putting back together the engine only turns over without firing, thereis fuel in the fuel bowl but the plugs were not wet so I am suspecting thatfuel is not getting through the carb. Does anybody have any ideas what the issue could be??? Could it be airgetting in somewhere, does it need bleeding or does the emulsion tube or othercrews have to be replaced in a certain way to work? I am at a loss! Many thanks in advance. Regards, Ross

:welcome:

And so are we unless you tell us what the engine that will not go is.
Otherwise you are relying on some one who remembers what engine a Westwood T1800h came with

guytonr

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome:

And so are we unless you tell us what the engine that will not go is.
Otherwise you are relying on some one who remembers what engine a Westwood T1800h came with

Hi - I thought all carbs worked in similar a way and so there might be some main things to look out for? I will find out the engine type. Many thanks. Ross

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ransomes ( a.k.a. - ran sometimes ) 18HP twin if I remember correctly.

that carb has an electric fuel shut off in the bottom of the bowl, it also have a fuel pump mounted on the left side that is primed and powered by engine vacuum.