Model 917.256930 No Crank - Cant find issue

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your part number should be STD365402. I am not finding it crossing to the part number you gave me. Check to see if the pins have the same letters on them.if not you need a different ignition switch.

I went and located the Ign. switch diagrams , the craftsman was already on the page you sent in link, but I found HIS oregon switch online, I would say for sure the switch is the problem .. see pics...

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/32415/Craftsman-917-25693.html?page=28#manual see bottom of page view of switch

CRAFT SW.JPG...OREGON SW.JPG

YOU provided him a good number (std 365402)

Last edited:

omerta14

Threads
Thanks to both Boobala and BlazNT for your responses. I think you are correct and have ordered the switch provided by BlazNT. I guess the ol addage of dont assume holds true here. I assumed the person who gave the tractor to me would have the correct switch installed...but now I am thinking that this is why he gave up on it and let me have it.

Switch will be here in a couple days and I will give it another try. Will update the post and let you know how it went.

Again thanks.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks to both Boobala and BlazNT for your responses. I think you are correct and have ordered the switch provided by BlazNT. I guess the ol addage of dont assume holds true here. I assumed the person who gave the tractor to me would have the correct switch installed...but now I am thinking that this is why he gave up on it and let me have it.

Switch will be here in a couple days and I will give it another try. Will update the post and let you know how it went.

Again thanks.

Yes by all means keep us up-dated, the sharing of info. helps EVERYBODY !!

omerta14

Threads
Re: Model 917.256930 No Crank - Cant find issue -CLOSED

Updated - Replaced ignition switch with correct part as advised...engine now turns over.

Thanks so much for everyone's assistance.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Updated - Replaced ignition switch with correct part as advised...engine now turns over.

Thanks for your up-date, much appreciated,you never know when someone else may have the same issue, Good luck :thumbsup:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thank you for returning and letting others know what fixed it.