Architect/Homeowner

StuCluck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for a self-propelled mower that can also chew-up leaves in the fall. The newer Honda's advertise that they have enhanced mulching ability. If that means that if I raise body enough, and then I can plow into the leaves that have fallen off of my old oak trees and no longer have to rake I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
I've got a Honda that is about 10 years old and I love it. Only trouble is sharpening the blade. I can't turn the bolts to remove it and always get my Honda repair shop to do. Not expensive, but a pain to pack into my Honda CRV, drop it off and pick up later.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The shop probably uses an impact wrench to remove the blade bolt(s). You could afford to buy an electric impact wrench for the price of a dealership visit. Plus, the blade doesn't need to be very sharp to chop up leaves.

Grinding up leaves is dirty work. Pay attention to the air filter as it will get dirty much faster than when mowing.

Our oldest daughter had a $10 used Craftsman that did a fine job of bagging leaves, which became a weekly operation because just mulching the leaves left far too much debris on the yard.

If you're going to bag, get one of those flexible bag funnels. Makes emptying the mower bag a snap.

Don't think you really need to replace your current mower unless you just want to.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum.

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section :smile: