The blades on internet that are 6 for 42.00.......

jerrycle

Threads
............they are wider and heavier and have less lift than the originals. Does anybody know if they will throw it out as good as the others or are they more prone to pile up the grass, Are they harder on the belts and so forth because they are so wide and heavy? This is the 54 inch deck.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No
Maybe but not really sure
Yes

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly.
How the hell are we supposed to know what you are looking at ?

Secondly there is a little test for stuff you see on the web,
If I am making a good product then I will stamp my name in it so everyone knows who made them, will recognise them as being excellent value for money and buy more.
If I am selling total garbage, blades that do not comply with USA standards, blades that are soft and bend easily or go dull spinning in free air or blades made from high carbon steel that shatter if they hit something hard thus potentially injuring people then I will not have any name on them so if the poo hits the fan I can vanish into cyber space thus avoiding any damages I might be liable for.

Thus if they ain't got a brand name on them don't touch them unless you are one of the type who give their kids loaded guns to play with.

If it has got a brand name, google it and if all that comes up is the advertisements you were looking at leave them alone.
FWIW I can not buy blades wholesale for those prices.

factories in CHina work on very small margins, thus there is no such thing as a defective product.
Factories that make parts for foreign companies that do have quality control resell what the factories reject into the aftermarket parts stream.
Thus a lot of what looks too cheap to be true, is just that reject parts.

Next size & weight of a blade is not a guide to quality.
The blades that go on Pro-Riders are very light because they are made from a very high quality steel and fully forged.

TonyPrin

Threads
Beyond everything from the earlier posts, improperly designed (shape and weight) blades can create drag which will put stress on the drive components and engine. The best way to determine if the blades are improperly designed is to put them on the mower. When it stops operating you know the blades are bad. Try it and let us know.

jerrycle

Threads
Beyond everything from the earlier posts, improperly designed (shape and weight) blades can create drag which will put stress on the drive components and engine. The best way to determine if the blades are improperly designed is to put them on the mower. When it stops operating you know the blades are bad. Try it and let us know.

Thank you for that thoughtful reply. That's what I thought, I think I'll send them back instead of piling up damp grass instead of throwing it out. Also when I start them up, it's a real drag on the whole system compared to the originals. Thanks

jerrycle

Threads
Firstly.
How the hell are we supposed to know what you are looking at ?

Secondly there is a little test for stuff you see on the web,
If I am making a good product then I will stamp my name in it so everyone knows who made them, will recognise them as being excellent value for money and buy more.
If I am selling total garbage, blades that do not comply with USA standards, blades that are soft and bend easily or go dull spinning in free air or blades made from high carbon steel that shatter if they hit something hard thus potentially injuring people then I will not have any name on them so if the poo hits the fan I can vanish into cyber space thus avoiding any damages I might be liable for.

Thus if they ain't got a brand name on them don't touch them unless you are one of the type who give their kids loaded guns to play with.

If it has got a brand name, google it and if all that comes up is the advertisements you were looking at leave them alone.
FWIW I can not buy blades wholesale for those prices.

factories in CHina work on very small margins, thus there is no such thing as a defective product.
Factories that make parts for foreign companies that do have quality control resell what the factories reject into the aftermarket parts stream.
Thus a lot of what looks too cheap to be true, is just that reject parts.

Next size & weight of a blade is not a guide to quality.
The blades that go on Pro-Riders are very light because they are made from a very high quality steel and fully forged.
There is only one set on the internet that is 6 blades for 42.00.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is only one set on the internet that is 6 blades for 42.00.

And you expect people here to troll through the web to find what blades you are talking about ?
Googled 6 craftsman blades for $ 42 and got 29 pages of results.
So you expect us to wade through all of that to find the blades which you found because you could not be bothered to post the details of the blades you were talking about ?

Thus you may have noticed that all of the replies you got were generic because no one here has the faintest idea which blades you are talking about.

We can't help you if you can't be bothered to help us.
You know what blades you are talking about, no one else dose
Yet you asked for some very specific information about them without telling any one what they were.

jerrycle

Threads
And you expect people here to troll through the web to find what blades you are talking about ?
Googled 6 craftsman blades for $ 42 and got 29 pages of results.
So you expect us to wade through all of that to find the blades which you found because you could not be bothered to post the details of the blades you were talking about ?

Thus you may have noticed that all of the replies you got were generic because no one here has the faintest idea which blades you are talking about.

We can't help you if you can't be bothered to help us.
You know what blades you are talking about, no one else dose
Yet you asked for some very specific information about them without telling any one what they were.

Just forget I ever asked a question whoever you are, If everyone on here was like you I wouldn't bother. This is a really good place where people give their opinion to help others, If I wanted to get drug over the coals about it I'd ask my wife.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just forget I ever asked a question whoever you are, If everyone on here was like you I wouldn't bother. This is a really good place where people give their opinion to help others, If I wanted to get drug over the coals about it I'd ask my wife.

Gee I am so sorry for making your life such a mysery
I mean it is such an onerious task to highlight the URL of the blades you were looking at then copy it.
Then click on the start new thread button,
Type
Are these any good ?
Then click on the URL button ( that is the globe with a chain under it ) and copy.
I am so so so so sorry if I have caused you so much mental anguish.
You poor poor poor man life must be hell in your household
Even worse being that you are such an important person that every computer in the entire planet is forced to show exactly what yours dose when you search for anything.

TonyPrin

Threads
It's unfortunate this thread has gotten into an unnecessary debate. I think you're both right and wrong.

In my view there clearly was sufficient information to answer the question and a link to a website wasn't necessary. After all, if he did provide a link and it said, "guaranteed original equipment Craftsman parts" with beautiful graphics and photos, that wouldn't have changed my comments.

Having said that, it is worthwhile to remind those asking for information to include as much information as possible and it's best to include links when available.