034AV Vibration dampener replacement

ZAE

Threads
I need to replace
the vibration dampeners on my 034 AV. This looks like a big job Does anyone have some suggestion on how to do this or possibly know where I could get instructions on how to do it? I am lost on how much of the saw I need to disassemble to get to the bushings. Thanks for any help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Big job ?
Open this image in a tab or print it out because I will be using the numbers on the diagram.View attachment 034_IPL.pdf
Firstly the saw does not have to be pulled down this far, the diagram shows it like this for clarity.
The parts you are replacing are #1 & # 2 while you are there , check #4
Oddly enough it is generally the back ones # 1 that go the fronts are usually fine
So that is off with the top cover, handle, starter and clutch cover.
Pry out the covering caps # 6 # 7 undo the studs / screw pull out the old rubber cups. put some rubber grease on the new ones then push them in.
The front one is under the chain guard but that usually comes out as a unit and from memory it screws out.
The chain guard # 8 is generally cactus by the time the rubbers are gone so you may as well replace it while you are in there

ZAE

Threads
Thanks. That is much better than I was making it out to be. I will check that in the morning. Thanks.