Pricing help and what year was it manufactured?

Spruce

Forum Newbie
Threads
We own a Simplicity Broadmoor 16HP Hydro (#1694429) which we bought used from the original owner in 2012. It now has 205 hours of operation on it and has been well maintained. We are getting ready to move and want to sell it. What would be a fair price to ask for it?

Also, the original owner did not write his date of purchase in the manual, so we're wondering if there is any way to determine the year it was manufactured. Does the serial number reveal that? Would a Simplicity dealer be able to tell us?

Information/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Years ago Simplicity published a blade/belt manual which had the year of their units were manufactured. I have this manual at work, but because I am on medical leave, I can’t get to it. I do know that the Broadmoor 16H was manufactured between 1994-2004. I’ll try to get into the shop sometime soon, but maybe someone else has the manual on hand. Sorry I can’t help more at this time.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is normally easier to date the engine. If you can get the numbers off of the engine it will greatly help.

Threads
I agree with the Blaze on dating the engine. Give or take 6 months for the engine to leave the plant and then installing it on the mower and another 4 to 5 for a sale to the customer............

Lawn Addict
Threads
Rivets-

Hope you get better soon man.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Called the shop and found out the unit has a 2003-2004 build date. In good shape we would be putting a price of $595-$795, but this is very loose. Would the buyer want as is or fully tuned up? How much can we trust the engine and tranny? We warranty our resale’s for 90 days with a full check over, which can change the price. Hope this helps.

Spruce

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to all who responded. Hopefully we will find a buyer soon, tho selling a rider mower in Western New York this time of year isn’t optimum.

Spruce