Craftsman 675 Ongoing Saga

Rmullen3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman 675 917376532 22 inch mower that was in storage. The choke on the carburetor was stuck, so it was leaking gas through the air filter. I replaced the entire carburetor.

Before the carburetor change the mower turned over, but stalled. Now it doesn’t turn over. I also replaced the oil, Spark plug, air filter, and gas.

It’s possible I bought the wrong spark plug. When I try to start it now, it doesn’t come close to starting.

When it was initially back from storage, the cable to the dead and handle got pinned in between the upper and lower handles, and the cable was also pulled tight for a while.

I have a replacement cable, and a champion spark plug. If the spark plug doesn’t help what do you recommend I try next?

I know how to check that there is a spark generating. Is there a fuel filter or fuel jet that I should clean? If so, where is it?

Looking for ideas?

Thanks in advance

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Craftsman section.

Threads
RMullen3 Fragger put up a great vid for you to watch......

When you say it won't turn over what do you mean by that ?? The rope will not turn the engine or the engine won't start and run ??? Legit questions ,,,,,,,,,,,

If the engine does turn and a no start and run situation then you have a issue..... You mentioned the dead man cable..

That is good info there for us to go on. If your cable is not traveling all the way to dis engage the kill wire to the coil then you have a no spark issue. Holding the handle down and try moving the lever in the direction it goes a lil farther with your hand..........

Try starting the engine. If it starts you have have found your problem........ If not then let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

Hopes this helps you out ~!~!