Kawasaki Generator

ZAE

Threads
I am working on a Kawasaki GA1400A Generator Code # GAT 40A-BS00. When I removed the carburetor to clean it I removed the main jet from the carb and tried to use a twist tie wire to clean the small openings in the jet. The holes are plugged tight, I have soaked for a couple of days in carb dip cleaner. When I look into the small holes in the main jet it looks like I am hitting metal. The tie wire will not go to the center of the jet to open the hole. Has anyone run across this on a Kawasaki generator before? Are the holes not supposed to be open to the center of the jet? Thanks for any help you can give me.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think that there is a passage right through the middle of that jet, just make sure the holes in the top/bottom and sides are clear. am sure others may come in and say different.

ZAE

Threads
There is a hole through the middle of the jet. The holes from the side however are plugged by design. I put the carb back together and on the generator and it started right up and ran good. I have never seen a main jet that had the holes init plugged purposely. It seems every time I work on something I learn something new. Thanks for the reply.