Looking for Ryobi piston rings

PAPAB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't find Ryobi BP 42 blower piston rings . They are 40mm by .66 mm thick. I can only see a Homelite short block , that I don't need . Anyone known where to find rings ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ryobi products are not designed to be repaired and to that extent there are few service parts available for them.
Down here that came second to Stiga for the longest delay.
Two years for a recoil and starter relay on a SP walk behind ( Stiga took 28 months to supply spindles )

As for your rings we need the bore size, piston size ring width depth of the ring groove in the piston, position of the ring pin ( top or bottom ) and the type of bore ( alloy, chrome plated , etc etc etc ).
From that we can find a ring that should fit from a brand of tool that has a proper parts supply system.

PAPAB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks , that's what I thought not worth the effort . looks like I have a few new screws in the junk box . Was a good lesson for my kids to use oil in the gas !!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks , that's what I thought not worth the effort . looks like I have a few new screws in the junk box . Was a good lesson for my kids to use oil in the gas !!

Ryobi products are well made , ergonomically nicely designed and deliberately not viable to repair.
If any 2 stroke has been run on strait fuel for any more than a few minutes it will be a write off.
The plating on the bore starts to lift it the entire surface of the bare is not gouged deep enough to be played on a gramaphone, so just as well you did not find rings very little chance it would have worked.

Because they are so comfortable to use a lot of people will go to great lengths to keep theirs running , thus there is a good market for 2nd hand Ryobi parts.
Craigs list it some one will be thankful.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

primerbulb120

Threads
My source for hard to find piston rings is DLA Engine Parts (based in Greece.) Either their website or their eBay store.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My source for hard to find piston rings is DLA Engine Parts (based in Greece.) Either their website or their eBay store.

Hells bells I have been using them for years as well.
Would not have thought locals in the USA would be buying from there