LTX1046 Parking/Cruise Lever Adjustment

Ray&Paula

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm trying to find out how/where to adjust my parking brake on my 2013 LTX1046 hydrostatic lawn tractor. I usually empty my bags of grass while leaving the engine running using the parking brake/cruise lever. For some reason, the parking brake doesn't want to engage when I have the brake pedal depressed all the way. I don't know what, where and how to make an adjustment to remedy the problem. If anyone can point me in the right direction of doing so, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks, Ray

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The parking brake is nothing more than a pin which locks the clutch brake pedal in the down position on tractors.
So somewhere you have debris under there which is stopping this happening.
If you have had a few mishaps then one of the rods could be a little bent out of shape.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What he said ^^

Ray&Paula

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you....... I haven't had a chance to look at the problem but, if that's the problem it should be a quick fix. As soon as I get a chance, I will post my findings. Thanks to both of you for the help, I sincerely appreciate it. Ray. :thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing is ever a quick or easy fix on a ride on.
You will end up hanging upside down from the rafters with all sorts of probes in your hands trying to remove debris that has set like concrete using 3 mirrors to see what you are doing. :confused2:

Ray&Paula

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like a good time...... I'll have to make sure I have some music playing LOL......... :laughing: