Tecumseh running rough when starting and giving more throttle

JAYJAY

Threads
  • / Tecumseh running rough when starting and giving more throttle
I have a tecumseh ohv 175 203804a clean the carb and no change when a start it it will run rough with black smoke for a few second and then it's find. If I give it more throttle it will do the same thing with black smoke. Now I've notice the carb solenoid have a spring and a rubber missing so I'm wondering if it will give to much gas or it have nothing to do with it. Another thing there's a big leak a the head of the motor where the exhaust its attached and will cause less back pressure. Other then that I have no other ideas what will cause this problem if anyone can give me tips. Maybe the carb is still not clean enough.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The problem sounds like it may be associated with the main jet or high speed jet. which is behind the fuel solenoid and held in place by that spring you talked about. Most of the time with that carb I just replace the entire fuel bowl assembly

When you speed up the engine quickly or put it under load the butterfly opens and tries to get fuel through the main jet up the emulsion tube if there is a problem with that jet, or damaged O rings on the emulsion tube could cause the symptoms you are having. When not under load the engine actually runs on the idle circuit of the carb.

JAYJAY

Threads
The problem sounds like it may be associated with the main jet or high speed jet. which is behind the fuel solenoid and held in place by that spring you talked about. Most of the time with that carb I just replace the entire fuel bowl assembly

When you speed up the engine quickly or put it under load the butterfly opens and tries to get fuel through the main jet up the emulsion tube if there is a problem with that jet, or damaged O rings on the emulsion tube could cause the symptoms you are having. When not under load the engine actually runs on the idle circuit of the carb.

OK tx for the info might juste replace the whole carb

JAYJAY

Threads
well just replace the whole carb and now the engine is running up and down change the plug fuel filter samething. if i put my finger to hold the governor it runs ok. so wondering if the spring as to be change or have nothing to do with other than that dont know where to go from here