Walbro 682T carb

banjomaniac

Threads
I have a Bolens bl100 line trimmer with a walbro 682 T carburetor it wouldn't start so I took the carburetor apart the diaphragm looked good carb had a little debris on the screen I cleaned it out real good sprayed some air to dry it off make sure all the ports we're open and put it back together. Pumped primer bulb and it fired right up ran for about a minute and then suddenly died then when I pump the primer it would go in but not come back out I took it apart again a little bit of debris but not clogged but I cleaned it up fired right back up, ran a minute or so and same thing again, I've done this three times. I cleaned out the tank but it wasn't bad and I have fresh clean gas. I can pull the carb clean it and the primer bulb will work perfect until I run it then it gets stuck every time.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
the primer not coming back out means there is a restriction someplace between the filter and or inside the carb. if the filter on the end of the fuel line is made of a powdered metal type material it may be what is causing the debris in the internal screen.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes to the above, try a new fuel filter first.

banjomaniac

Threads
I put in a new filter and no change. I pump the primer and it works just fine. 2 pulls it's running fine then about a minute later it dies and the primer bulb gets stuck in. It won't start again so I just did order a new carb. I'll post back after I put it on. Thanks