Cub Cadet Kawasaki 18 HP will not start

lkt552charternet

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gentlemen: I now have the same problem with my 2015 Cub Cadet that has an 18 HP V-Twin Kawasaki as I have read regarding the Kohler equipped engines. My tractor has approximately 140 hours on the clock, has been maintained well, and I have always run 100% gasoline in it, NO ETHENOL. The last time I used it, it ran perfectly as always. The next week when I attempted to start it, the engine fired one or two "hits" then nothing. It cranks beautifully and strong, just will not fire. Also, for the first time ever I notice that the battery light on the dash gauge is showing RED and will NOT turn off. Switching the starter key to off and then back on will not reset the battery light. I have let the tractor sit for a day or two, try to start it, and again it will fire one cylinder for one time, then the red battery light comes on and, again, will not turn off. I removed the air filter and poured a bit of fuel directly into the carb. It will start, but runs terrible until the fuel is used up. I removed the bowl on the carburetor. It was surgically clean, zero trash or gum. I checked the solenoid in the bottom of the bowl: it opened and shut as it should. I have checked to make sure the PTO switch is engaged, and it was. I have checked the seat pressure switch, and it is "clicking" on/off with very light pressure. I am thinking there is a sensor switch somewhere that is telling the engine not to start, but the two mentioned above are the only two I am aware of. So: I'm hoping to learn a solution from someone who has experienced and solved this puzzle. Thank you, LKT!!