Tecumseh snowblower still hesitates when throttle pushed. (Even with new carb)

Gerald007

Threads
  • / Tecumseh snowblower still hesitates when throttle pushed. (Even with new carb)
Hello everyone.

I've got a Tecumseh snowblower model 143.999007. It was bogging under load and surging so I rebuilt the carb. After carb Cleaning it would start first pull. It would run well at low idle and high idle but would hesitate briefly going from low to high idle. It will hesitate and let out a little puff of black smoke when the throttle is pushed but would even out and run fine with no smoke. Just a very brief hesitation and small puff of smoke. I didn't like that it was hesitating so I bought a replacement Oregon carb 50-659 but it made no change. I'm not exactly sure what to try next?

Anyone have any suggestions for this frustrated amateur?

JAYJAY

Threads
  • / Tecumseh snowblower still hesitates when throttle pushed. (Even with new carb)
Hello everyone.

I've got a Tecumseh snowblower model 143.999007. It was bogging under load and surging so I rebuilt the carb. After carb Cleaning it would start first pull. It would run well at low idle and high idle but would hesitate briefly going from low to high idle. It will hesitate and let out a little puff of black smoke when the throttle is pushed but would even out and run fine with no smoke. Just a very brief hesitation and small puff of smoke. I didn't like that it was hesitating so I bought a replacement Oregon carb 50-659 but it made no change. I'm not exactly sure what to try next?

Anyone have any suggestions for this frustrated amateur?

I have a similar problem with a lawnmower motor clean the carb when a start it it will run rough for a couple of seconds and then its find if I give to much throttle it's doing the same thing run rough with black smoke for a few second and goes away then runs ok