Where does this wire go?

pecansandy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone!

I have a Murray 30577x8a mower that I did a tune-up on earlier in the spring because I was trying to diagnose why it wouldn't start. When I went to put it back together, however, I ended up with a stray wire; it's a large red wire with a black wire and a yellow wire combined to a clip. It comes off the top of the solenoid, but I can't find it on any wiring diagram and it doesn't look like it was Frankenwired on there. There is a different red wire that goes from the battery to the solenoid, and from the solenoid to the starter. The engine is a B&S 283707-1139. I'll figure out how to send a photo and maybe someone knows what to do with this thing.

Thanks!

Sandy

Attachments

• IMG_0542.JPG
    IMG_0542.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 20

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think somebody frankenwired a ground wire from the engine cover mounting bolt. Probably hooked the the other end to the negative post of the battery. Check were the other wires go to before connecting there.

pecansandy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply!

The black and yellow wires go to the ignition switch. It looks like I'll have to replace the solenoid anyhow, so I'll see if I can't figure out the correct way to wire this thing.

Sandy