Craftsman push lawn mower 6 HP

ColeS

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having trouble with with my craftsmen Lawn mower it has a Briggs and Straton engine 6hp. The problem is it won't start on it's own. The engine will not start unless I spray engine starter fluid. It will stay running once started. I cleaned the carb 3 times and I made sure there were no clogs of the gas lines or gas tank is dirty.
Cole.

Threads
Did you clean the holes in the bowl nut ?? That is your fuel pickup to go in the jet tube....

kwgerloff

Threads
Did you clean the holes in the bowl nut ?? That is your fuel pickup to go in the jet tube....

Does your lawnmower have a primer bulb or an automatic choke? If it has a primer bulb try using 2 gaskets on the air cleaner housing. This Gasket goes between the carburetor and the air cleaner housing. Usually you would only use one gasket but sometimes the housing has a slight warp in it and using 2 gaskets will make the primmer work most of the time.

Threads
Oops I mis read the post. I do that sometimes..... Yes you can try an extra gasket. Your bulb may be bad or the passage from the bulb to the carb. If that gasket is not new that could be the issue also.

I just bought a 10 pack of each for your style and the primer jet for the 3.5 HP Briggs.

ColeS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you everyone I ordered new air cleaner gaskets.

ColeS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oops I mis read the post. I do that sometimes..... Yes you can try an extra gasket. Your bulb may be bad or the passage from the bulb to the carb. If that gasket is not new that could be the issue also.

I just bought a 10 pack of each for your style and the primer jet for the 3.5 HP Briggs.
Hello can you please send me the link you bought the gaskets from