Which Hustler Should I Purchase? - help please

Tassie mowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the SD 48 and I have been very happy with it, for your size area I would go for the SD 54.

How much quicker would the Fastrac 60 be over the SD 54? 10-12% quicker for mower deck width ??% for speed or is the speed not going to change?

So would appreciate if someone could please give me their best guess for how long it would take on the 54 SD versus the 60 Fastrac for 2 acres, rather square level run, not perfectly smooth surface but ok, a house and 4-5 trees to mow around.?

Just trying to work out if the extra $$$ is worth it. If it dropped the time by 20-30 min ok, but 6 min not really.

thanks for your help.

Grass Whisper

Threads
I upgraded to a Fastrak 54. Great mower for me and I'm glad that I made the jump from the Raptor to the Fastrak. I almost have it paid for, don't owe too much more... (its wasn't cheap)

I guess it was like a Vidal Sassoon commercial in my head, "I'm worth It!!!":laughing:

Oh well, no annual interest on the deal. But STILL paying!!!!

Best of luck on your choice.

Mow&Go

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a 2018 Raptor Limited for $3400 out the door.... I only have .7 acres.... works great for me.... came with flex forks and upgraded seat.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1214.jpg
    IMG_1214.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 26

cruzenmike

Threads
No matter what deck size or ground speed you choose, you will ultimately have to consider the grass conditions to which you mow in. Sad to say that not all mowers can leave a quality cut at maximum ground speed. Last summer I saw very little time savings going from a 50" Cub Cadet rider to a 48" eXmark. This is because I saw that the Cub Cadet with a much more powerful engine could mow through my specific grass with ease whereas I need to slow the eXmark down to allow it to cut all the blades of grass beneath the deck. In the Raptor lineup the SDX is arguable the best out at the moment considering the SD or the Limited. Still, with 2800 hydros it is not of commercial quality, but for someone who might put 50-75 hours a year on it, that should be fine.

D

(deleted)

I would go for the The Raptor SD 48 or 52. Raptor SD is a low profile, heavy-duty premium residential zero-turn with a deep fabricated steel deck, toughest front end with large caster tyres, and exceptional control and handling.

Kremeneon

Threads
I just purchased a 2018 Raptor Limited for $3400 out the door.... I only have .7 acres.... works great for me.... came with flex forks and upgraded seat.

I see the fuel shutoff valve there in the first picture. Do they come with those now? my 1st year SD doesn't have one.