52 to 61 swap out on Cheetah

Jon Hubert

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will be expanding my lawn by a half acre or so in the spring. I haven’t yet looked into the pricing to see how proud scag is but first I thought I’d ask the knowledge pool here. I’m wondering if my 2013 Cheetah will fit a 61 under her? It’s the basic air cooled single speed model.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
A 52" deck for a Tiger Cat is $1200. That is just for the deck with decals. No moving parts included. I think the velocity deck will be the same for both. I am sure that the 61" would be some higher.

If you are only expanding by 1/2 acre you are only looking at a very very few minutes more to cut they yard. You can cut 2 acres or better in an hour. Definitely not worth the money. Plus the mower from the factory with a 61" deck will have more horsepower.....

Jon Hubert

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was looking at the added benefits of hanging that extra cutting distance outside the tires. My current 52 sets the tires right inline with the outside of the cutting width. My lawn is spread out along lanes, around buildings, along the top of steep banks and along an old hand cut stone wall, around some dogwoods, around a few old outbuildings so alot of time is spent on perimeter trimming of objects. Once my lawn expansion is done it will probly be close to a full acre of open lawn cutting. So until you ad all the little areas (time consumers) its probly 2.5 acres. I believe the '13 cheetah was offered with my CV740 and a 61, then the next year the two speed came out they split the 61 off to the liquid cooled efi outfit only. I think thats how it went, it would be nice to find someone that has that model.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a really complicated yard, an out front mower will serve you a lot better.
thus your deck is in front of your wheels .
large overhangs make for an unstable deck that tilts and scalps when doing tight turns.
For what you would pay for a bigger deck alone you could get a Rider Pro or Stiga Park articulated out front mowers.
These are perfect for yards up to 5 acres that are relatively flat.
IF not flat both come in 4 WD versions but those are a bit harder to find used cause no one ever sells them off running.