need help identify this rider

guyina4x4

Threads
HI all, I don't know anything about Simplicity stuff but I've just come to own one.
I'm trying to figure out what it is, model or what year it is.
I've got two crappy pics, I hope that's enough

20171028_185853.jpg20171028_185843.jpg
I guess I can tell you what I know, it's got a 38" deck and 4 brand new tires and a 20HP Kohler command v twin (PO added the Kohler)
according to Simplicity website there should be a sticker on the right front side of the frame/hood area and there is nothing there.

thanks!

update, I think it may be a regent 15h?
it has the key switch on the right fender and throttle on the left lower dash

Last edited:

guyina4x4

Threads
I found it

regent 14H

Last edited:

zman111666

Threads
Really would expect it to have a longer model number. Sometimes you need the serial number too, to narrow down parts. I hope the data plate wasn't removed or painted over.
Simplicity-Garden-Tractor_CPSC_large.jpg

guyina4x4

Threads
Really would expect it to have a longer model number. Sometimes you need the serial number too, to narrow down parts. I hope the data plate wasn't removed or painted over.
View attachment 34628

yes it most likely does have a longer model number, the sticker has been removed from the frame though.

it doesn't really matter, after taking a good look at it today I think it's going to wind up in the junk pile.
it's been pretty badly altered with a gas ax to allow the installation of a 20hp Kohler v-twin. the plastic dash is broken at all it's mounting points.

I think the only good parts on it are the 20hp Kohler and the 4 brand new tires on it.

NorthBama

Threads
its a shame someone butchered it