Duh, 190412

cweklund

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 8 horsepower Briggs and I'm not getting fuel into the carburetor Bowl but I'm getting fuel out of the fuel pump. I thought I cleaned the carburetor to what I thought was good but I don't know, am I missing something?

Threads
Did you take the carb off to clean it ??

In my shop when I redo a carb I have a 1 foot piece of tygon fuel line that I hook up and pressure test the carb. I blow thru it and then turn upside down and check again. That is a air check with my mouth. Then I hook it it up to a fuel tank to it and check for fuel leaks on the types that have the brass seats.......

Take the gas line off of the carb and see if gas squirts out the fuel line.

Hope this helps Mon Ami............

Let us know ~!~!

cweklund

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you take the carb off to clean it ??

In my shop when I redo a carb I have a 1 foot piece of tygon fuel line that I hook up and pressure test the carb. I blow thru it and then turn upside down and check again. That is a air check with my mouth. Then I hook it it up to a fuel tank to it and check for fuel leaks on the types that have the brass seats.......

Take the gas line off of the carb and see if gas squirts out the fuel line.

Hope this helps Mon Ami............ You

Let us know ~!~!

I did take carburetor off the block and gas does Squirt out of the fuel line. Okay so I hooked up a piece of fuel line to the carburetor and blew through it or should I say tried no air to speak ofgoing through it at that main white plastic hose barb fitting. I did clean that area very well but apparently something is lodged in there or something cuz no air is going through there. I can't even really see where that main Inlet on the carburetor goes. I'll have to look more thoroughly cuz it seems blocked.thanks for the response Boudreaux